Bleach

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Tomko14, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Last night my mom wanted to do something nice for me by cleaning my acrylic bong. But she used bleach and now it smells really bad. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix it?

2. Purchase a new one. It's not worth washing it a bunch of times trying to get the smell away. It's your health. There was a post where this young lady used bleach in her glass and that personally to me is a little sketchy already.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. That plastic absorbed it and it'll slowly release every time it touches water, throw it away. I mistakenly put dish soap in my glass bong and had to trash cuz the smell wouldn't go away so I imagine it'll never leave the plastic

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

4. We just tried cleaning it and it broke so it doesn't matter anymore now... It sucks though cuz I just got it for christmas.

5. Damn, bummer!!! Well at least it makes it a little easier to throw away though.

6. Yeah. My mom said she'll take me to get another one tomorrow so I guess everything's all good. At least we know not to use bleach now.

7. Hot ass water, Isopropyl alcohol, and Epsom salt will get your shit clean. Get some glass this time! You won't regret it and throw up some pics if you do get it today

8. #8 Tomko14, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2016
    Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to post some pics when I get it. Also I probably should've said this in the beginning but is there any way to get bleach out of glass bowls? Or are those ruined too? I hope not. :/

9. Bowls might not be ruined. Same deal as captain Murphy said. Just hot water, Iso Alc and salt. Investment in glass is a bigger blessing than sliced bread

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Not at all man. I unfold a Bobby pin, burn off the plastic tip, then bend it at a 90° angle with nail clippers to scrape most of the dooky out of my pipes then clean any left overs with the above formula. Scraper looks like this [​IMG] paper clips and shit will work but I've found a flat Bobby pin to work the best

11. I just finished rinsing my bowls, and 1 of them doesn't really smell that bad anymore. Like I smell a faint amount of bleach only when I put my nose like right on it. Would it be safe to use?

12. Nah not if you smell it. You gotta get all that resin out of there otherwise you're just smoking bleach and that could be deadly

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

13. Your Mother sounds so cool! No way mine would buy me a bong!