Blazing up with Hemp Wick.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Crazy 88, Jul 29, 2012.

1. I know I'm not the only one out there that uses hemp wick but I'd like to get your guys thoughts on it. I personally love the stuff. I may have sensitive taste buds but I can definitely taste the butane from my lighter when I don't use the wick.

I definitely feel that the smoke is much more clean when I don't use a lighter, and also the wick is nice because you can control the size of the flame to exactly what you want. I usually tilt the wick down to get a nice big flame to light up the whole bowl at once and get HUGE hits with ease.

Not only that but the wick has more than just use for smoking. I also use it to re-purpose old candles. I just melt them down, pour the wax into a mason jar and cut off a length of wick that sticks out the top of the wax. Toss it in the freezer with a lid on, and bam, free candle.

I also use it to light my grill, stove, candles. I mean it really is a multi-purpose product by all means.

Oh and my favorite part is that it usually ends up being cheaper or equal to the amount of money I spend on lighters in the same amount of time it takes me to go through a spool of wick, which only costs 18 bucks and change from my favorite brand.

And I don't have to worry about people stealing my wick like I do with lighters, and I always know where it's at. I mean it's a giant brown spool of hemp coated in beeswax. I'd have to be high as giraffe pussy to not find something like that lying around, hah!

I'm not sure about posting links so PM me if you want the link to the brand I use.

2. what is it made of? Is it like hemp rope and some kind of coating or something?

3. #3 DDV, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
    [quote name='"TheCrunge"']what is it made of? Is it like hemp rope and some kind of coating or something?[/quote]

Hemp twine dipped in beeswax. It makes your bud tastes better and also is 100% natural

4. Its hemp and beeswax. And I love the stuff, it makes the weed taste good and it looks badass when its wrapped around a heady pipe.

5. #5 BudButler, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
    its normally hemp with beeswax

6. hemp wick for life!

7. yeah never going back to lighters ive heard people say it taste like shit but it doesnt imo noticed a better taste first time i used it

8. I just use regular hemp rope because I have over 1000 feet of it, and it tastes better than lighters.

9. [quote name='"TheCrunge"']I just use regular hemp rope because I have over 1000 feet of it, and it tastes better than lighters.[/quote]

Regular hemp twine? That doesn't work... I have a giant spool of it and it doesn't stay lit for longer than like a second

10. ^I also use unwaxed hemp twine (burns great) and agree the taste is much better.

Though any health benefits are debatable. Pure butane combusts to CO2 and H20, nothing to worry about there.

Of course most butane isn't pure and also doesn't reach full combustion in a normal lighter (not so with a torch).

Basically if the flame is anything but blue, from any source, it's still releasing soot, sulfur, etc.

I'd say wick is pretty much equal to a bic in terms of health. But definitely tastes better.

11. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']

Regular hemp twine? That doesn't work... I have a giant spool of it and it doesn't stay lit for longer than like a second[/quote]

what thickness? the thick shit stays lit for a long time

12. [quote name='"TheCrunge"']

what thickness? the thick shit stays lit for a long time[/quote]

Heres a picture:

[​IMG]

Mine is unbleached, raw hemp though. The ones they sell at craft stores are smoother and aren't raw since they have something else added.. does yours look like mine? Or is it smoother?

13. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']

Heres a picture:

Mine is unbleached, raw hemp though. The ones they sell at craft stores are smoother and aren't raw since they have something else added.. does yours look like mine? Or is it smoother?[/quote]

I think the thick rope might have some coating, but I think the twine is uncoated. I don't think the coated rope would be any unhealthier than a lighter.

ForumRunner_20120728_220819.png

ForumRunner_20120728_220931.png

14. [quote name='"TheCrunge"']

I think the thick rope might have some coating, but I think the twine is uncoated. I don't think the coated rope would be any unhealthier than a lighter.

[/quote]

shit that is thick as fuck. Not even sure if its the same as mine actually.. If it has coating thats probably why it stays lit. Mine doesnt, also I don't really know what they coat that with, dunno if thats toxic dude.

Where did you get it?

15. Yeah, I love the stuff. Makes the weed taste waaaaaaaay better. You actually taste the herb instead of the lighter.

16. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']

shit that is thick as fuck. Not even sure if its the same as mine actually.. If it has coating thats probably why it stays lit. Mine doesnt, also I don't really know what they coat that with, dunno if thats toxic dude.

Where did you get it?[/quote]

The Poppy Seed. It's a hippie store. I usually make necklaces and shit. But I have this, and thinner twine.

17. [quote name='"TheCrunge"']

The Poppy Seed. It's a hippie store. I usually make necklaces and shit. But I have this, and thinner twine.[/quote]

Never heard of it. I use mine for making bracelets and whatnot, ive tried using it as hempwick but it just doesn't stay light haha. Oh well, guess I just gotta keep buying it already made

18. [quote name='"ddoublevision"']

Never heard of it. I use mine for making bracelets and whatnot, ive tried using it as hempwick but it just doesn't stay light haha. Oh well, guess I just gotta keep buying it already made[/quote]

I'm sure if I bought some hempwick it would be 200 times better

19. I just picked up some hemp wick today, hoping to try it out this evening!