Blazer Butane Torch VS Vector Nitro

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Ottomang, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Hey everyone.

Recently I have really gotten into dabbing. Currently I'm look for a new butane stand up lighter to heat the nail

Initially j was going to buy the Vector Nitro. Well I thought that was like the ultimate option but more research yielded the Blazer torch GT8000

So basically my question is which torch is better and worth buying. The vector nitro or the blazer gt8000?

2. Those are probably the two best torches out there, so either is a good choice. But i dont think the Blazer comes w/ a warranty. The Vector comes with a 5-year warranty. The blazer will heat up your nail quicker but it also uses a lot of tane. The Nitro seems to break more frequently but they will fix it no questions asked.

3. bed bath and beyond torch ftw

4. Hmm I'm pretty sure my vector torch came with a card saying it was a lifetime no proof warranty, you sure its 5 years?

I've never used a blazer but if it doesn't have the same warranty I'd say its hardly worth it. they're both about the same price, I've never had problems with my vector really, it's acted finicky with the starter at times but thats about it.

5. Is it a Nitro? Im pretty sure the Nitro is a five year, and some of their smaller torches are lifetime warranties.

6. It is. but also I'm starting to wonder how they would go about limiting a no proof of purchase warranty haha. This leads me more towards believing its lifetime. Idk I wish I could find my old vector box haha

7. The blazer hands down.

[​IMG]

8. Thank you everyone. Geeze us potheads are just so helpful to one another :)

9. Bed Bath and Beyond torch >

10. i gotta agree with this^

it's cheap and works well.

11. Yeah, no. I'll assume you are talking about the Bonjour torches they carry. They are not even close to the Vector or Blazer.

The Blazer GT 8000 is a serious torch, it's more reliable than the Vector and it doesn't have that retarded safety. That being said, the thing EATS butane like there is no tomorrow.

The lack of a warranty may be a cause of concern for some, but I have never had an issue with the GT. Vector has a nice warranty, and that's a very good thing, because you'll be making use of said warranty quite frequently.

12. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This man knows what he is talking about... Everyone I know that dabs has one from BB&B. Butane ONLY! Do not use mapgas or propane.

13. Gt takes the cake forrrrr sure. Look at the CCC REVIEW on youtube, you want to be getting sprayed with butane? Then get the nitro

14. The blazer is nice. I'm a fan of my vector though. The blazer is a little more solid

15. #16 Colorado Green, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2013
    I'm using a professional grade kitchen torch made by Sterno.
    Here it is on Amazon, for $22.

Amazon.com: Sterno ST06003 Professional Culinary Torch: Kitchen & Dining

I've used every quality model of torch on the market. The sterno works perfectly, fits almost any can type (works with Vector butane), and is completely adjustable. It's also cheaper than most, and available via Amazon prime.
    I also have a Vector, and a Blazer, and a couple of others; I work with folks in MMJ retail, so I get to try everything out. I've used the BBB torch too, and it was ok, but not as good as the Sterno.
    The Sterno is as good as anything out there.

16. I've heard those style of torches are a little scary when the can gets low and they get top-heavy :S

17. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a single store online which sells the Blazer GT 8000 in Canada. Anyone have suggestions regarding picking one up here?

18. Amazon has it for 49$, have you tried them?

19. next level