Blazed, Stupid Questions......Lots of 'em,lol

Discussion in 'General' started by cowboysaxman, Oct 2, 2010.

1. #41 cronickid, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010

Several of those I could answer..a few you can google. Yes you can cry under water..all I feel like answering..oh and square boxes are easier to make..

And idk who does that vacuum shit but ain't no way I'm picking it up to throw it back down..And I certanily don't abuse my remote control, low batteries or no :/ :confused_2:

Lmao water doesn't stop your tear ducts from workin man..cmon.

2. Why is a it called a hamburger, not a piece of ham in the MF'er??

Why is it called a hot dog, I HOPE there's no dog in them lips, tounges and bungs treats:eek:

3. Where's my lighter:confused::smoke:

4. 1. They named it after hamburger hamburg Germany.

2. i dunno.

3. We got a mystery in our hands,gang.

5. Was it the universe telling him he was right when Douglas Adams chose "What is 6 times 9?" as the wrong question in HHGttG without realising that it's 42 in base 13?

6. The first purveyor of the hot dog in America called his product "fresh hot Dachshund sausages," because they resembled a Dachshund (wiener dog). Because a lot of people couldn't spell Dachshund, the name eventually just became "hot dog."

[​IMG]

7. Why is it called a pineapple, when it contains no pine or apple?

Why do we call them coconuts, when they're neither chocolatey nor nutty?

Why do we ship cargo by truck?

8. [​IMG]

:confused:

9. Yes. Tears form and leave the tear ducts, they simply rapidly dissolve into the surrounding water.

Assassination does not depend on importance, but intent. Any political figure who is murdered for political reasons, is said to be assassinated.

A "penny for your thoughts" is a phrase generally credited to a man by the name of John Heywood. He was born just before the 16th century. During his life, he was a writer who penned many plays and a book in 1546, known as A dialogue conteinying the nomber in effect of all the proverbes in the Englishe tongue. The spelling may seem odd because of the outdated way the words are spelled. Future versions of the book were shortened to be called The Proverbs of John Heywood.
    It is likely Heywood did not actually come up with the phrase "a penny for your thoughts." Rather, he was simply the first person, or the earliest person found so far, to have chronicled the phrase in written form. Therefore, he is the one that gets the credit. As is often the credit, the writers are the ones who get to form the history.

I can't comment because I don't believe in heaven, but I would imagine you can look however you want, since it's said to be a state of ultimate bliss and perfection.

Shipping reasons. It stacks, and the square boxes fit together and are stable during transit.

Cured simply means that it's been dried and won't rot as fast.

Curing (food preservation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because they're small and humans are fascinated with seeing normal things in different sizes. Small things are seen as cute, this is a bit of evolutionary psychology. It relates to our seeing babies as cute.

The original lyrics were 'Jim crack corn, and I don't care'. There's some debate about the meaning. From wiki:

There has been much debate over the meaning of "Jimmy Crack Corn". In the original version the lyrics read "jim crack corn". "Jim crack" or "gimcrack" means shoddily built.[11] Additionally, "corn" is considered an American euphemism for "corn whiskey". Other possibilities include:
    - "Gimcrack corn," cheap corn whiskey;- That it refers to "cracking" open a jug of corn whiskey;- That "crack-corn" is related to the (still-current) slang "cracker" for a rural Southern white.[12]- That "crack-corn" originated from the old English term "crack," meaning gossip, and that "cracking corn" was a traditional Shenandoah expression for "sitting around chitchatting."[13]- That the chorus refers to an overseer who, without the master, has only his bullwhip to keep the slaves in line. (This is the most popular interpretation.)[citation needed] Most etymologists support the first interpretation, as the term "cracker" appears to predate "corn-cracking". Also, "whipcracker" has no historical backing.[14] This suggests that, in the chorus, the slaves may be making whiskey and celebrating.
    It is also said that Pete Seeger once maintained that the true lyrics were "gimmie cracked corn; I don't care",[15] referencing a punishment in which a slave's rations were reduced to cracked corn and nothing else. In this case, the author would seem to have decided that this severe punishment would be worth the outcome: the death of the master.

Yes. They are sung to the melody of "Ah! vous dirai-je, Maman"

ACME is an acronym for 'A Company that Makes Everything'. The word has Greek origins, meaning peak, zenith or prime, which is ironic because it is generally associated with generic brands that break or fail at the worst moment. As for Mr. E. Coyote, I would guess that he continued to buy from ACME because their products were cheap, brand loyalty, or perhaps there weren't that many retailers for rocket boots willing to ship to a fictional desert.

They aren't completely enclosed.

Who does that? I just throw it in the trash.

I don't do that, but I would imagine people do it because they don't understand how electricity works, and they want to push more 'juice' into the remote in hopes that it will work. Pushing harder may work on occasion, but that would be caused by a contact beginning to fail, not a battery.

10. Congrats on being the 3546th person to correct him on that.... :rolleyes:

11. I never under stood those "faux drawers" in front of sinks.

I figured it out though :wave:

(really recently):eek:

12. sorry, didn't read the whole thread.

13. Do you think aliens prefer bongs or rolled?

14. neither. they smoke out of something so complex and weed efficient that it makes the rest of us look like noobs.

15. Hopefully they'll share their hi-tech ganga too!! :smoke:

16. I bet it glows in the dark.

17. Does it matter when you put frozen food in the oven?(ex. pizza rolls)Like wait until it gets all the way hot, or just put em in while its heating up....

Does it make a difference?

18. Yeah, i just answered all those seriously.

19. How often do you think classical composers and musicians accidentally played what would become rock and roll when they were bored and playing around?

20. Dude, that one just made me laugh my ass off literally...