Blaze up and come on in! Share your high philosophies/ideas

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Braves4590, Jul 29, 2010.

1. #21 mrnoname, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2010
    Actually, the light we are seeing form most stars is millions, if not billions, of light years away. A light year being how long it takes light to travel in a year, moving of course, at the fastest know speed, the speed of light. The closest star to us, not including our Sun, is a touch over 4 million light years away.

This to me shows us, not necessarily how young we are, but how far out everyone is from one and another. We're basically all alone out here. We could look up and see a sky full of stars, but we're looking at them in the past. Those stars might not even be there anymore, yet we still can see them.

Shits crazy, and the more you think about it, the more wild it becomes.

2. Since the radio was invented we have been sending radio waves throughout our galaxy in hope of some alien race replying but think about this, the radio has been around for roughly 90 years, so some of those radio waves are 90 lightyears away but it takes over 1100 lightyears just to leave our galaxy. So how can we expect a reply when we are not even to the edge of our galaxy?Considering space is infinite how could we expect there to be life like us to reply when there are a million other galaxies out there and we haven't even left our own. If something got our message now it would take another 90 years for us to get a reply.

To think we will be able to communicate with these beings is fiction. Even if they had some sort of way to send stuff faster then light (which is impossible) we would never know what it was. It would come up as some sort of wave or signal that we could never make out to be aliens. If they somehow do send a message now, in 90 years we would get it. if that happens who should be the person to represent earth? Why should NASA be the ones to represent the planet earth when they really just represent the United States space program? Would the UN handle that?

Everything about space just blows my mind. It is really hard for my mind to grasp something that's infinite especially space. No matter how you think of space though it has to be infinite. If you think space ends then what's after that? And after that? And after that? And if you say nothing is after that then that means there is nothing but infinite nothing. It is just a never ending cycle of stuff or nothing so therefore it has to be infinite. For those who were talking about galaxies being cells that still means it has to be infinite because there always has to be something after that infinitely. But to think about our world never ending is just way to much for my mind to handle.

On the same topic of infinity, it blows my mind that there are an infinite amount of numbers and it never stops. But think about this in-between 1 and 2 there is 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and so on but in between each of those is another set and another set and another set. So there are an infinite amount of numbers but in-between each and ever number no matter how small or large there is another amount of infinite numbers. So there are an infinite amount of numbers in-between an infinite amount of numbers. :eek: that suggests that if you started at 0 you'd never reach 1 ever. It's kinda like the whole move half the distance to an object and then another half and then another half and you'll never reach your destination.

3. what if im dead. and im a ghost. but only some people can see and communicate with me. but im a ghost. and dead.

4. I'll try to explain this the best I can.

Yesterday I was thinking, stress and "depression" have physical effects on the body, like tense your muscles and that is a sort of stress as well. Now that is the opposite of excitement and happieness. If you experience happiness it has an opposite-stress feeling on the body, kind of like the opposite of stressing muscles. You can only "stress" your muscles, or feel so bad to a limit. And you can feel that limit...but being happy is the opposite, therefore making it infinate and more unfamilier...I don't know I can't explain it to anybody else, it's something only my brain can understand. :devious:

I also like to think of our solar system as an atom, and our galexy like a molecule. Of course, time is slowed down much more down the the scale of an atom, because the faster something moves, the slower time is. Atoms have electrons spinning extremely fast, therefore would be slowed down much more in reality to that level. So we could be an atom to a larger universe that is in our "universe?" Hmm...

5. We are all living a dream. Everything I, You, him and her says has been planned to shape my reality. My reality is shaped by me and everything around it. Everything claiming one thing to make you think another. Everything showing your reality. Everything being part of a false reality. This post now, was it really me, or am I just not existing, but only existing to shape your reality?

6. what if everythign electronic is connected, and one day they end the world!

7. HOLY. SHIT. i just thought of an awesome question.

alright, say you were walking in a dark alley in like japan, and its like 2 am, so it is REALLY dark, no streetlights or anything. and then all of a sudden the mortal kombat theme song starts fucking playing and it is blasting. and then a like scorpion (from the movie) just fucking appears.

what would you do?

8. If everything was a dream that would mean everything I see I created. If everything was my imagination that would mean I invented a whole set of stories called history, I invented the computer, I invented doritos, and I invented everything. That would not be possible for one mind to invent how other people act and look. If that was true that everything was a dream and I am dreaming why can't my mind change things to better myself?

9. #29 Stoopid Toker, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2010
    *inserts coin into jukebox*
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmZexg8sxyk&feature=channel"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

mcdouble($1) + sack of shrooms ($35) = Mc-Triple ($36^p)
    p=priceless effect

10. Read through the words my friend and let your mind go. Are you really yourself if you are looking to better yourself?

11. If big companies begin to put toxins in our legal marijuana cigar packs then the general public wouldn't want to consume it. We probably would resort to growing ourselves than to smoke toxic waste, thus putting big companies out of business.

12. (If you havent seen inception and actually fully grasped it then you might not be able to really visualize what im saying but hell yall are high who knows haha) :bongin: Its a long post but really read it especially if your high you can get into it maybe haha

Before i saw the movie inception i was studying stuff like m theory and string theory and i wondered if life was actually a dream and were all on a certain dream level and there are billions and billions of dream levels and sometimes we visit different ones when we sleep momentarily but then are brought back to own respective dream level. Which would explain what happens when you die you would simply be born into another dream level where the rules of the universe could be comepletley different. Maybe even could explain heaven and hell if the bible is true (which i do believe but still i believe anything is possible) but more metaphorically if you went to "heaven it could just be a more favorable dream level and if you met whatever the requirements for you to go to hell are you would be "caste" into a nightmarish type dream level and have to live another life time inside it but still given a chance to go back up, because to me it all wouldnt make sense if we just didnt exist imho i know its possible but mind boggling for sure

[​IMG]

13. When I left that movie I thought the same thing with there being a bunch of different dream levels and we just live in one and visit others in dreams or when we die but I just don't think the mind can create such a detailed world with so many different components that interact with each other. As in the movie they create paradoxes to make things look one way like with the staircases when really that's not the case with the world i live in haha. There are just so many interacting components that the mind could not keep track of or create instantaneously

14. But things like that happen in dreams everyday. So if the mind is incapable of all that, then how do you explain such things as dreaming?

15. walla walla beat me to it. its a well known fact that the powers of the mind arent fully known like i said i believe ANYTHING is possible no boundaries

16. I had a strange thought earlier. If fat people lose weight would it be possible to surgically turn the loose skin into a pouch like a kangaroo. I thought of that scene in Click where Adam Sandler has a giant stomach flap and All it would take is a little surgical flick of the wrist and you got yourself a pocket anywhere you want.

Im a little stoned at the moment as you can see.

17. i imagine my life as a video game.
    as if some kid is playing me and every section of my life is a level in some life game.
    But when i get blazed i'm cheating the game, looking into the future of whats going to happen.

18. I have no idea the power of our minds and I know that it's possible I'm just saying I don't know if it's possible at that scale. It may just be if I see a video of china that china doesn't actually exist my mind just creates a video about some random place. If only what I can see or hear at any given moment exists in this "dream" then I can see that being more realistic but not if my mind is creating billions of people and every bit of technology instantaneously and having each one have an impact on my life. The only way I can see this being possible is if only what I can see or hear exists and nothing else beyond that.

19. I'd feel weird when I jack my weener though. Imagining some little fat kid mashing buttons going "JERK THAT FUCKING COCK MOTHAFUCKAAA"

20. Ive thought about that before word for word, thats a weird coincidence.