Blaze Glass Bong reviews/opinions?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by sweety59, Aug 17, 2011.

1. #1 sweety59, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2011
    Hey guys, I just purchased my first real glass bong from the GC website :yay: I ended up going with the Blaze Glass Bong, with the colored crown. It seems pretty decent for the money, and I really like the design. I wanted something with a removeable slide, and saw that this bong has a carb, but also comes with a rubber plug to use the slide. What I'm asking is for others who have this exact same bong, or for anyone who has any experience with Blaze Glass to post up some reveiws or Pro's and Con's of this baby. Also,what would be some good attatchments, (Ashcatcher, Precooler, ECT). I don't really know too much about all of those. Either way, I'm stoked, and can't wait to rip this thing when it arrives! :bongin:

Here's the Bong, and the link:

http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/blaze-glass-percolator-bong-colored-crown.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sick bong man looks good

3. Can't pass on any insight about this bong. But I can say that it looks real sick, I'm jealous and I'd love to see a milk vid

4. Oh, you KNOW I'll be postin' a milk vid as soon as I get it! Haha.

5. i wouldnt pay more than 150 for it. nice though. how much did u end up paying

6. I paid $130 shipped, here to the States with the coupon code.

7. Imma just laugh that your so lazy you couldnt click a few tabs to find out for your self lol, fortunately this site only sells it for like 112. so 150 is a generous estimate

but regardless

Im glad someone talked about buying this, I always thought it was very pretty

Please send us some pics when it gets in, Im dying to see what it looks like in person

8. Will do guys.

9. omg... thats s sick bong.

lovin that mouth piece.

10. Not a fan of carb holes on glass but otherwise it looks like a good deal.

11. #12 VladTepes, Aug 17, 2011
    ^^ What they said, I don't understand why they add a carb hole when it's glass on glass. Just pull it out to clear the chamber... I always find carbs on water pieces annoying. But it does look like a beautiful bong for the money. I am liking the look of that bowl, kinda reminds me of a shower head lol

12. Yeah that mouthpiece is smexy.

13. #14 Stormcloud, Aug 17, 2011
    The only thing I dislike about Blaze is that they come with carb. I'm not sure why, but every time I try it, I dislike it, so I keep it plugged.

I own the Premium Percolated Ice bong

It's an incredible deal, wasn't too expensive, nice, uniform 5mm glass, easy to clean, nice clean joints/welds, good bowl that comes with it. Only thing I didn't like is that the slide was cut perc'd, instead of pearls, which isn't a problem, just not as attractive to me. Also, my dumb ass broke its slide anyway, so I got a pearl one after all.

That one looks siiiiick! And if you're just looking for a straight shooter, I would say Blaze is really as good as anyone needs. Schott-Duran is more flame resistant than the Pyrex Blaze uses, but I've got Pyrex cookware that's thirty years old or more.

I've also tipped it twice, once on carpet, once in a vinyl bathtub, both from zero height, and both times suffered no damage. It scared the shit out of me, though. Also, it's rather heavy. Which is awesome, both in feel, and durability.

Overall, I love Blaze, and will certainly consider purchasing from them again when I'm in the market. I probably won't go with their colored glass, because my toke spot is in shadow, so it's a bit hard to get a good milk shot (I like to watch myself anyway, the spiral perc looks WICKED) because of the dark blue color. I got it in blue because it reminded me of my first piece - a heady blue pipe.

The only thing I could recommend is getting a glass stopper (unless this one comes with a rubber stopper like mine did) just in case you don't like using a carb, and more importantly, so you don't make a mess when cleaning.

EDIT: Also, if you're going to buy an ashcatcher no matter what, why not keep it blaze and buy their 11 arm perc precooler A/C? It's cool as hell, though I have no experience with it. Wanna buy one real bad, though.

14. Thanks for all the love on the Bong guys. And yeah, I don't really like carbs on waterpipes either, but it comes with a rubber stopper. I figured I'd just keep that shit plugged, lol :devious:

Nice piece! And thanks for all the info. I can't wait until it arrives now, haha! :bongin: I'm definitely diggin' that AC. Are they really worth it though? I don't know too much about bong accessories lol :confused:

15. I've never used one, but, if nothing else, I know it keeps your bong cleaner. Not a problem for a straight shooter, but something with a lot of diffusion it could simplify the cleaning process.

And if nothing else, get one if you find a straight shot too harsh for full bowl snaps.