blades help me out

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by TokeEarth, Jan 8, 2009.

1. well i recently got a new ipod for christmas and i want your help. What songs should i put on it? I like listening to rap, people like immortal technique 50 cent, anyobdy. i also like listening to people like hendrix marley the beatles, pretty much anything. So blades help me out, what songs should i put on my ipod?

2. Boston
    Mystic Roots
    The Black Keys
    Asher Roth

^my top stuff right now :D

3. nice, ill check it out, anybody else have any good music?

4. Well considering paul is your avatar, maybe some wings, eric clapton, neil young, the band, the doors, the byrds, elton john, the who, queen. And if classic rock isn't your thing
    Mos def, Talib Kweli,Notorious BIG, The Game, Eazy-e, NAS
    SLightly stoopid, sublime, 311, weezer

5. Check out Army of The Pharaohs and Jedi Mind Tricks. I just got into rap too, listen mostly to metal, trying to stay out of the mainstream Lil Wayne stuff.

6. If you just got into rap, check out A Tribe Called Quest. Easiest rap group to transition into. And you didn't list them so I'm assuming you aren't familiar with them. Here's a taste:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYfMImoxpqk"]YouTube - A Tribe Called Quest - We Can Get Down[/ame]

If you know of tribe, then just get their discography on your player :D. Then try some Jeru the Damaja, Gang Starr, Blackstar, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, EPMD, Wu-tang, D.I.T.C., AZ, Ultramagnetic MCs, Tim Dog, etc.....

7. MGMT is something with a fresh sound too. Oh and one of the singers smokes mad pot so..yay.

8. I have to recommend my man Evidence :D

But yeah, get some Dilated Peoples, De La Soul, Talib Kweli, A Tribe Called Quest, The Grouch, Eligh...anyone in Living Legends really. Some Eyedea & Abilities, some Pacewon, Fashawn, Gang Starr, and get a shit load of Wu-Tang :D

And dude...you should avoid 50 Cent like the plague...