Blade Scale Troubles.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by thosevacanteyes, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Hi GC,

I have been using my AWS Blade-50 for about 2 years now with no problems. Last night I went to weigh my latest sack and I got an "OUT2" message.

I read online that I am supposed to press the on key, then hit mode to get it to "CAL" setting, I wait for it to flash 50.00g, and I put 10 nickels on it, which I am told weighs a total of 50 grams.

It is supposed to flash "PASS" if the weight is correct. I seem to only be getting "FAIL"

Anyone else had this problem?

-C

2. Rather than the nickels, use a calibration weight. And make sure you are using the right weight. Some scales are 50, 200, etc.

Thats all I can recomend. Local headshops usually have weights next to the scales, or www.wholesale-scales.com has cheap weights (and scales) and has legitimate shipping with no problems.

3. Thankgod I read this hread. I just bought a scale and was wndering how accurate it was outta the box. Should i buy calibration wieghts? How often should I re-calibrate and stuff?

4. definitely get a calibration weight. you should calibrate it as often as possible, it takes a second and ensures your scale is correct. companies usually calibrate the scale before they ship them out, but that doesn't mean it's definitely correct when you first get it. most of them probably are, but it's no guaranteed.

5. I had the same exact problem i tried to fix it with a calibration weight but it wouldnt work. My advice save your money on a calibration and instead buy a new scale. Sorry to be bringing bad news.

6. that is what I am planning to do. The scale was around $25, so I think I got my 2 years out of it.

-C

7. Sounds like you overloaded the scale. Or, it could be possible that it just wore out.