Blade of the Month.

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by mattsker, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Might be a good idea...

They could get 25% off in the shop for the month or something.

Food for thought. Piece.:smoke:

2. Popularity contests are no bueno.

If you become a paid member you can get 25% off in the shop ;) once, twice, maybe even three times a year :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  3. What she said ^^^.

It would just be a popularity contest and those are just bogus.

4. who says it would be a contest?

It could go to a blade who stuck up for a newcomer or something when a older blade insults his harvest or something just overall doing good deeds and making the city a better place

5. And how would it be decided? Who would judge the 'entry' criteria? Who would vote? The mods? They can't keep up with moderating right now due how few there are, let alone a silly contest.

It's just a bad idea.

6. The concept that their should be some form of positive reinforcement for doing good things on the forum is terrific... its just hard to implement without bringing in fairness. quick example: if decided by only the mods, they could just give it to friends etc...

Another way would be negative reinforcement for doing bad things. Like a function where you can denote somebodies post as a troll (anything youve found offensive or to have wasted your time), after a certain amount of 'trolls' you could be banned or suspended. Then again this would be a system easily abused. A bunch of trolls could gang up and get good people banned for being trolls. At least the irony would be comedic.

7. There is already an infraction system, we just need some more mods. The whole reason negative rep was taken away from all but VIP users and staff was the abuse just like you describe.

8. Well if the city would promote more worthy blades to mods then we could have "contests" like these.

Maybe make a thread and have other blades and mods post who they think has been the most helpful to them and others in the city.

Then at the end of the month tally up the scores to find the grasscity role model blade.

If this would be too much work for one person to tally up the names then, im sure someone in silicone alley could muster up some program to tally up the names posted in the thread

9. Not going to happen. I could see them having contests maybe to give away discounts or some other prize, but not this. Besides, elevating one blade above all others just doesn't seem right.

10. #10 420rowdyguy, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2011
    It wouldnt be like that tho, its not like the winner would be 'the better blade'

He/she would be just be the most helpful this month,

Etc: if a doctor looked into everyones problems in a small city and told everyone a bit of advice which in turn avoided a huge diseaster for some of the citizens

as apposed to

a doctor who only helps the patients that come to him,

The first doctor shouldnt be awarded?

This may not be the clearest way to explain my thinking but i hope you get what im implying

11. I get what you're saying and it would a) be too hard to judge and b) leave out the large number of people who are helpful in private, via PM, etc.

12. Exactly...you also have to remember that most people on GC usually only stick to one or two sections of the city...has everyone here seen me before? Does that mean I'm not helping others out in sections that you don't visit?

The most helpful blade in the VIP section would lose out to the new girl in general with 10 posts who promised to show a bunch of horny teens her boobs...

It would be an impossible task imo...

13. But...but...but...I would find that...helpful!

14. Yup, the other posters here are spot on.

There isn't the time, or the mechanism to make this fair enough, to make such an undertaking worthwhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.