Blackstrap molasses in coco?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Wingates, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Molasses has lots of beneficial nutrients, more than just sugar. Molasses contains iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid and choline. I don't use it in the last 2-3 weeks because sugar can make harsh, black ash smoke. Plants should be flushed with plain ph'd water for the last week to 10 days before chop. Works for me! (Blueberry plants in my tent now. Cola is Amnesia Haze from early summer) DSCN7754.JPG DSCN7756.JPG DSCN7758.JPG DSCN7761.JPG DSCN6735.JPG

2. Studies of the molecular chain of sugar in molasses concluded that this chain is simply to long for it to even begin to absorb.
    Like pouring Tar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

3. I've seen it on some mammoth sized BLZ plants in Michigan shit you not 13 feet tall all 12 of them!! This year he had massive gg. He grows organic and the molasses does make nice trichomes. I personally don't have the experience. But it would make since to use it after the bass have formed and not before.. sweeteners should be used to finish. Thanks for your expertise brother

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Absorb what? Like in to plants? So it's worthless? Or just helps the soil and adds small amounts of npk and a few others? In such a small amount seems pointless.. compared to true nutes. Can you share your experience with us a bit more. Id like to understand this process. I've came a long way from 2 months ago.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Molasses commonly used to “feed” the soil
    But it cannot break down. Because it’s molecules are very big. The sugar cells suffocate the soil
    Personally I’ve nvr used it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sounds like bs to me. I've been using it for years with visible results. I've done the side by side that I mentioned earlier. Leave it to someone who never tried a method to try and poke holes in proven success.

• Like Like x 2
  7. #27 Bravedave, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    I used it for a couple grows in ProMix and although I liked the smell of my water when added. I saw NO improvement in trichs, taste or ANYTHING...so I find your contention to be BS. I would not doubt it being beneficial in a soil grow...but not in hydro or inert mediums.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I noticed way more crystals on my buds,my friends also noticed a difference.
    I used to use it from early veg until the final week,I think it also brings out a bit more flavor.