blackstrap molasses and pH (soil)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tropicalgrow420, Dec 27, 2014.

1. So I got a pH meter and blackstrap molasses today, I mixed about a tspb on a boiled gallon of water, pH at this time 5.0, normal water 7.5, so I watered two of my girls with just water and molasses since they are on week 7.5, my other two on week 3 so I added my GH CaMg, Bloom and Bud, boosting the pH to 5.2, I'm growing on canna terra which has been amazing so far, now is this normal when adding molasses, should I start looking into pH boosters? I'll wait and see the results, I really dont want to start controlling my pH due to the molasses  :smoking:  (well I've never tested my pH till today :laughing: 

Any feedback on molasses would be appreciated (how long, when to stop, when to start, I couldn't find molasses anywhere (out of the US) but I got them from the guys who sell cattle feed and such so I bet it is unsulphured, also I'm worried about ants this thing smells pretty sweet and strong) 

2. Sounds like you're cooking something :)

Seriously, I've never used molasses like that. Sounds like you're trying to enhance flavor, where I use it to grow microherds of bacteria in my tea brewer. Like my organic buds just the way they are, best way to enhance flavor IMO is to provide everything they need and let the plants decide what to take out of it.

I wouldn't pour straight sugar water into my soils but I don't ph anything either so what the hell do I know :smoke:

3. I'm thinking about going full organics one day, my own soil and everything just need some more experience, I did some research about ants and molasses and they seem to hate it 🙌, plants look like they loved the molasses from last night