Blackstar LED

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jhill883, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Does anyone have one of these? I have a 4 x 4 area and I wanna add 2 of the 240w and 2 ufos 90 watt from lighthouse hydro black star. The UFO is already on the way but I need I know how good these lights are before I spend 800$. I'm gonna do a test against hid side by side grow and compare the difference

2. I read very good reviews on black star and they are cheapish my UFO will be here in week I wanna end the confusion of led and hid that commercial grow is nuts the only negative thing I've heard is penetration power but I lst anyway I wanna see results with the 240w

3. Maybe even have a few UFOs vertical facing the middle of the plant all I know is my light bill is 800$ and I don't dig it

4. htgsupply.com got some nice ones and there prices arent bad either i might pick up 2 of theses

HTG Supply - 7 Band 240w LED Grow Light

and throw them into my flower room i wonder what kinda results ill get with (2)1000w hps and 2 of these

5. Does anyone have blackstar 240

6. I have a blackstar 240w, its great for vegging out plants but i have yet to put it to the test for flowering. Hope to do so soon, but check out my link in my sig to my current grow, and check out how it looks and leave some feedback.

7. The 240 and 500's are both awesome. I have both

8. Compare it to a 400 w hps will the 240 replace it

9. Anyone I need to know if the 240w led blackstar will replace a 400w HPS

10. Jhill, thats really comparing apples to oranges. 2 very different lighting systems. The Blackstar240 will not penetrate as well as 400wHPS but if you were to LST or SCROG you
    should be able come close to replacing the the 400w. Theres alot of grow journals on here and elsewhere with the BS240. Check em out. Some guys are doing great things with these affordable LEDs.

11. I use 4 H350's with GREAT RESULTS here's a video on the dense matrix LED they use and how beam angles are a great factor in penetration.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGxPOZ7ncic&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

12. So I I LST I can get some good results with a 240 eventually I'm gonna add 2 240w and 2 ufos in a 4x4 tent but with a 400 w HPS im getting marvelous results so I don't wanna change but I hear good things about led

13. What did you decide? I'm also looking at the blackstar 240 Watt.

14. I added a blackstar 240 to my tent along with a 400 hps but got it in the back so the 2 plants under it are getting mostly led I'll compare the 2 I couldn't get an answer on here so I just bought it. They seem very happy though nice and compact. Downfall is you have to take the plant out to see leaf issues and penetration is decent I have it about 6 inches from the tops so I'll know more about yield in 6 weeks

15. LEDs aren't worth the money.. It does save electricity but you can only efficiently cover but a few plants.. Hid is much better.. I use both led and 1000 hps

16. Exactly for the amount you would need in a space it would cost more in electricity cause you need three times as many lights but it is very good additional lighting

17. I have a 240 blackstar in my 4x4 tent and getting good results. I have two plants at the moment but currently on the hunt for some new clones and also just bought 2- 300w LEDS as well.

18. What strain how long in veg and what are you yielding

19. Am growing some pineapple chunks. First run with this strain but yield will depend on how long you Veg. I am also doing LST.