blackstar led...how big?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by drumdude6113, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I have a metal cabinet I just bought. Dimensions are h65*w30*d15...I'm wondering would a 500 or 600 watt blackstar led be overkill? I have decided to go with led after my year of research, but just looking for some input from someone who has something similar. Thanks dudes

2. o_O either would be fine.. I just ordered a 180W blackstar; can't wait. From what I hear the 500 'tears it up' so to speak for an LED system.

3. The 500 watt will grow two very nice plants, or the new 270 watt Chrome series puts out about the same lumens, but with only half the power draw, and a third of the heat, and It's about a hundred bucks cheaper. I've had great results with both.

4. You really only need 200 watts for a space that size but 500 watts would work they only thing you'll have to worry about is keeping them confined to a 15" x 15" square area but you have with the lights and filter in there about 4-4.5 feet of height to grow take a foot away for the pot and your around 3-3.5 feet. 500 is a little over the top for the space provided but it is a great light blackstar and lighthouse are the best brands in my opinion. Good luck.