BlackStar LED Coco Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by dickPound, May 11, 2012.

1. Finally got around to starting a journal :)

Strain: Female Seeds C-99 (Female Seeds X-Line C99 Hybrid)
    Room Size: L2'9" x W1'4" x H4'8"
    Lights: 2 x 240W Blackstar LED, 1 x 130W CFL 6400K
    Medium: 60% Coco, 20% Hydroton, 10% Perlite
    Watering: Autopot Smart-Valve Mk2 (The Smart Valve Mk2 | Technology | Autopot Systems)
    Nutes: Canna Coco A+B
    Additives: Canna Rhizotonic, Canna Boost, Canna PK13-14, Cannazym, Monster Bud

At about 3 weeks from seed here, she poked her head up 18th April.

Only using 1 LED and the CFL at the moment, just got my second Blackstar today so will add that soon and maybe get rid of the CFL depending on space.

Had some nitrogen def last week, I was using some generic hydro nutes, until then and just changed to all Canna stuff. Currently following their feeding guide from the website. At about 1.5EC and PH always 5.7 - 6.0 usually shoot for spot on 5.8.

Just fimmed her, hope I didn't fuck it up. First time fimming ;) Will probably veg until the start of next month maybe take some clones before I switch her to 12/12.

Anyway here are some pics from the start until yesterday...if they work...from 18 April to 4 May.

Attached Files:

2. A few more pics that wouldn't fit in the first post - 9 and 10 May. That pretty much brings it up to date.

Attached Files:

3. Talking to myself here, but whatever...

Time for an update.

Last Friday was 1 month from seed maybe 2 weeks more before the flip, feeding issues seem to be solved. Just following Canna heavy feeding guide.

By a happy coincidence if I use rain water, after adding all my nutes and additives PH is 5.8 without doing any ph adjustments

Last 4 pics are from Friday, rest are earlier in the week. Sorry bout the LED, no normal lighting in there at the moment.

Might flip her at the end of this week, haven't got a lot of head room and it is a sativa.

Attached Files:

4. hey man.
    Does your resivoir constantly have nutes in it?

5. Sure does Astro. Loving these pots, it's the lazy mans grow style. Just fill the res and forget about it. I literally do nothing, just Check res ph once a week and the pot does the rest :)

6. Just a quick update, the topping/fimming whatever the hell I did worked pretty well. 2 Nice big tops and 2 little ones just below them. Just a few pics from today as I had it away from the LED. About 1' across but only 6" high...something is keeping it really short and bushy, will see what happens in another week or so. I know veg isn't very interesting but I want to document the whole grow :p

Attached Files:

7. few more pics from Friday. Some of the fan leaves are still a little pale and yellow looking. Don't know how much N this Canna stuff has in it but doesn't seem like enough.

Not sure if to mix up some foliar feed with some high N fert and use that for a few days. Any recommendations for getting a bit more N in there? Already feeding at high dose of Canna Coco nutes, any more and I think I'll start to see some tip burn.

Attached Files:

8. did u manage to sort out the N deficiancy?

9. OK time for a little update. It's almost 2 weeks since I switched to 12/12 these pics are from last week tho so it's starting to look a bit better now.

Have switched to hand watering once a day with about 30% run off, got rid of my auto watering system until I can figure out what is happening with the plant. Suspected mag deficiency or some kind of lock out, temp have been really cold here lately so I have a 100w ceramic reptile heating globe on a thermostat set to 24C and have dialed back my exhaust to 30mins on 30 off. Seems to have solved the temp issues and now feeding by hand everyday hopefully thats the end of the problems. Time will tell.

First pic is the day of the flip and the rest are from about a week later. You can see the leaf damage in a couple of them. Hope I have this sorted now.

Chopped about a dozen or so fan leaves yesterday that were half dead or significantly blocking bud sites. I know opinions vary about trimming but thats what I do, so deal with it.

Attached Files:

10. Hey DP! Just checking out your grow here, looks sweet! It's a lot quieter here than your other thread LOL Hope everything is going OK with the grow, that's a nice plant you have going.

11. lol thanks Ed, the other thread has kind of gone off on a few weird tangents but it has been pretty interesting :)

May as well do a quick pic update while I'm here, kind of forgot about this thread actually.

I'm going with SCMC's advice and assuming what I have is a bit of a K def, so upped the PK13/14 and we'll see what happens. Plant isn't looking too bad really, just a few weird leaves and not putting on weight very quickly. I'll just keep at it until I get it right :)

Attached Files:

12. Right on man, looking fantastic! Great job on your LSTing there, you should have a decent yield for sure. Your issues look really minor at this point so if you get it straightened out you'll be smooth sailing. She's looking like she wants some mag, but figuring out where exactly the problem is for that one can be a pain sometimes - as it's rarely just a case of upping the mag LOL SCMC is great with the ratios and science stuff so hopefully that gets it all straight.

13. Thanks Ed, using some basic hydro nutes and epsom salts instead of the Canna stuff now - thought I better do another update, my Blackstar Chrome arrived yesterday so good time for some pics. Leaves are still continuing to burn although less than before, with a little purpling of the stems but I have no idea whats going on so I'm just rolling with it. Not too long left now anyway.

I think I over did it with the LST and trying to keep her short. She's about a foot shorter than I would have liked :(

Anyway heres some pics, couple of weeks left maybe?

Attached Files: