Blacklights?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JR2001, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Would black lights work at all ?

2. Nope, they give off the wrong color spectrum. Give the search button a try, there's threads about this this will give you some good info. :)

3. oh shit
    i read it wrong
    no blacklites nope

4. Well what the fuck? My friend grew a plant in his basement with a blacklight and it turned out... So I mean, don't tell me you can't grow a plant with black lights.

5. What kind of lights would you recomend for 4/5 plants at a time ? because im germinating some seeds today so i can have some bud this summer

6. Alright sounds good ... Where would i be able to find these lights at ? and how much roughly in CDN ? Also this is my first grow and im not familliar with the short terms whats hps stand for ?

7. I bet that plant didn't have much in the way of weight on it. It may be possible to do, but the color spectrum is incorrect for a marijuana plant.

8. Yes, it is incorrect. It didn't yeild A LOT, but it yeild enough though... From what he told me it was some pretty tastey bud though, I didn't get to try it ... It is possible to grow a plant with ANY light.. but you also need to give it a little sunlight through the windows once in a while.. i belive my friend went black light all night, and sunlight through the windows of his basement during the day...

9. I'm sure it may be possible to grow with any type of light Aimed. My whole point is if you're going to do it, do it the right way the first time. ;) You'll be happy you did when you're sitting on a big ass yield, rather than a skimpy one.

10. Will i have bigger yeilds with the out door crop i plan on having or will it be better indoor? Im trying to consume alot of info on the wonderfull plant mj so I can have a nice yeild when im done .

11. im pretty new to growing so i might be wrong but...outdoor plants r MUCH bigger then indoor...which means it will produce LOTS more yield...i might be wrong but when i was lookin for seeds i found that outdoor yeild was always high around 300 sometimes 400...

12. Then he didnt exactly grow it with the blacklight. The sunlight did the work. Theres also a chance that using the blacklight during the night cycle did more harm than good. I'll bet the plant would have died if he used JUST a blacklight. With HPS, or a good Fluro setup, you don't need sunlight to get great yields.

13. Thats what I was thinkin.

14. would two 500 W halogen lights be good for a small in door grow ?

15. No. Halogen's are useless. Get an HPS light. For a small indoor grow use between 150w-400w, depending on the space you decide to use.

16. if ur on a budget get CFL's (compact floros) and some nice soil and nutes ;)