Blacklights,flowering, and development

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bigheist, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Okay so ima start of with this

Ive heard of putting your plant into 0/0 for 2 days after the day u wanna harvest and it makes the plant think its dying so itll pump out more thc into the bud and stems.

The next fact ive heard is that the plant produces more resin to protect itself from UV rays.

Wat happens if i combine the 2 and the last 2 days to put them in 0/0 but instead i put in 24/0 with a blacklight?

2. 1. No, it doesnt do anything..
    2. Don't waste your money, take those $$$ and reinvest in better genetics.

3. [quote name='"Kesey"']

1. No, it doesnt do anything..
    2. Don't waste your money, take those $$$ and reinvest in better genetics.[/quote]

Wat do mean by better genetics? Lol this is my first grow. Ive just been gettin stoned a& reading alot on cultivation

4. He means buy better seeds.
    If you have a decent set up and are using decent nutes then you dont need any special tricks to get the thc up in the bud, its all in the genetics of the bud.

5. [quote name='"govermint"']

He means buy better seeds.
    If you have a decent set up and are using decent nutes then you dont need any special tricks to get the thc up in the bud, its all in the genetics of the bud.[/quote]

Oh ok. Lol im broke so the bagseed is gonna havd to make due. I got a pretty decent set up. Im all organic do i make my own nutes for my soil. Its lookin pretty good so far

6. bagseed was once dank in a galaxy far far away called mexico haha.
    Organic is great, especially making your own nutes.

Got any pics of your plants?

7. [quote name='"govermint"']bagseed was once dank in a galaxy far far away called mexico haha.
    Organic is great, especially making your own nutes.

Got any pics of your plants?[/quote]

Lol the seed was from sum pretty good purple im just hopin itll be even better. I'll take sum pics 2moro. My lights shut off at 9, i got powdered eggshells i made, it had a vinegar mix, pure chlorophyll, and just put in a molasses
    Mix today. Im still tryna find more mixes

8. uhh, why are you using vinegar?

9. [quote name='"govermint"']

uhh, why are you using vinegar?[/quote]

Says its sposed to acidify my soil and bring down ph

10. alright, just making sure you weren't using it as a nutrient.
    For organic teas you can use anything like bat guano, seaweed, kelp, worm castings.

11. [quote name='"govermint"']alright, just making sure you weren't using it as a nutrient.
    For organic teas you can use anything like bat guano, seaweed, kelp, worm castings.[/quote]

Ima try kelp n seaweed. I got a few worms in my soil right now. Ima try to find more today

12. Worm castings is like the manure of worms.

Do you have an air bubbler in your organic nute mix?

13. [quote name='"govermint"']

Worm castings is like the manure of worms.

Do you have an air bubbler in your organic nute mix?[/quote]

Ya i know lol thats why i put them in my pot. And nah no air bubbler. I have purified water for my plant water and nute mix

14. You should get an air pump to pump air in your nutes to keep them fresh and activate some of the micro organisms that can grow in nute mixes. With organic teas they can last a long time with a pump and it helps so all the mix is actually mixed up and constantly mixing instead of settling. Also aerating your nutes is just good for them anyways.

15. [quote name='"govermint"']

You should get an air pump to pump air in your nutes to keep them fresh and activate some of the micro organisms that can grow in nute mixes. With organic teas they can last a long time with a pump and it helps so all the mix is actually mixed up and constantly mixing instead of settling. Also aerating your nutes is just good for them anyways.[/quote]

Oh shit. Thnx for the advice. Ima try that out tonight