blacklight

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by imap420, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Will a blacklight affect my dark cycle? I want to do some work while my girls are sleeping.

2. You should be fine as long as there is no other light source. A green light might be even better to work in vs a blacklight.

3. Yea get a green one from home depot for like 5 bucks. They are brighter so u can see while u work but does not effect you plants. Just screws in to any light socket

4. Get a LED flashlight that has green LED`s. Not a regular flashlight that has a green lens cover.

5. Bzzzzz. Wrong. The first part of the word is "black", but the second part of the word is "light". You can see it and the plants can see it too.

Bzzzzz. Wrong. A green "bulb" is not necessarily a green light. In particular, a green CFL is basically a regular CFL dipped in a green coating, but it still is giving off plenty of other colors of light that we don't see with our eyes (same way that "white light" to our eyes really has all the colors in it, as we do see when we break them out through a prism).

True, with a caveat. MJ plants can only minimally see green light, so a true green light source can work, but even that poses a risk.

The really best answer, and the most practical one, is to leave the dark cycle exactly that, dark. You have 12 hours of every day when the light is on, that's plenty of opportunity to tend to them. If their schedule and yours don't match up, you can adjust theirs so that it matches yours. The lowest-risk approach is to just leave the dark cycle completely dark the whole time, just as the name suggests.

6. [quote name='"toastybiz"']Bzzzzz. Wrong. The first part of the word is "black", but the second part of the word is "light". You can see it and the plants can see it too.

Bzzzzz. Wrong. A green "bulb" is not necessarily a green light. In particular, a green CFL is basically a regular CFL dipped in a green coating, but it still is giving off plenty of other colors of light that we don't see with our eyes (same way that "white light" to our eyes really has all the colors in it, as we do see when we break them out through a prism).

True, with a caveat. MJ plants can only minimally see green light, so a true green light source can work, but even that poses a risk.

The really best answer, and the most practical one, is to leave the dark cycle exactly that, dark. You have 12 hours of every day when the light is on, that's plenty of opportunity to tend to them. If their schedule and yours don't match up, you can adjust theirs so that it matches yours. The lowest-risk approach is to just leave the dark cycle completely dark the whole time, just as the name suggests.[/quote]

Oh soorry the all an mighty powerful oz. I hevent been using one in my grow room the past three year an do work at nigh with no problems. Yep u are right.

7. Watch George cervantes grow guide video. He says to use them an he is the weed god

8. A true green light can work, I know growers on here who use them but its best to just leave them alone during lights out :smoke:

9. Of course the best and safest option is to leave the dark period absolutely dark and work when the lights are on but if you're insistent in working during the dark period a pure green light would be better than a black light bud :D

10. YES WILL AFFECT THEM MY FRIEND!
    as said a green bulb will suffice as "no the other spectrum's wont get through the green even if its been painted green by a baby!!" how can any other of the light spectrum's get through anything which has been colored another color:confused:,impossible to penetrate through said colors;),so if you feel you have to work on your ladies when in dark cycle then just get ANY green bulb as green light has no detrimental effect on your girls, but saying that my advice is set your light cycles to suit your daily schedules,work,college,uni,or even picking up your granny for her weekly blue rinse:),so you can do whatever you want to within the "lights on period!",couple of reasons 1.plants love your breathing on them as you exhale carbon dioxide,they love that!...trust me!
    2.you can see exactly what your doing & therefore no f@#k ups,also there's really nothing you can do in the dark cycle that cannot wait till the lights are back on its only 12hrs man!
    simple things can make a hell of a difference & keeping it in dark cycle is REALLY IMPORTANT! & in my opinion is classed as 1 of the simple things;)

well that's my 1st post on here for over a year now & phew i enjoyed that,lol,been missing you guys.
    you keep me sane & i never seem to meet his brother "IN" when on here,lol.

oh why not seen i've been away for while;NO CARBON DIOXIDE=NO PLANT LIFE=NO PLANTS=NO HUMAN LIFE.
    Thats why i love sticking my mug into my grow room not to scare em but ,believe it or not,i talk to them as i'm of the opinion that plants respond to u talking to them & by doing this will improve there growth.

now this is a case study result which you'll find amusing & interesting.
    A test was done where several plants were all grown in exact same environment but only diff was couple were played a tape with some dude just flappin his gums all the time,another couple o plants were played only classical music & couple only got heavy metal played to them,now plants mind same lights,same feed only diff was the sounds; plants that were only talked to produced 15% more yield than plants just fed & lights,plants played only classical music produced yields up to 20% more,now plants that were rocking hard core getting heavy metal played to em produced 35% more yield than bored plants who were just gettin fed & lights,now coincidence or not? i think not! scientist proved plants actually have 2 genes which are involved in plants reaction to light(back to the importance of photosynthesis,thats for another day)& they do respond to sounds which they set around 70 decibels & others set higher to around 90+ decibels which did affect the plants growth dramatically but at they levels you'd not need to talk to them but bloody scream at them,pmsl,:D,which of course would attract the neebs attention or your mates would come through & think you should be straight-jacketed up & away to your padded cell ASAP,for your own protection/health. as they see you screaming at your plants,lol,but point being its been proved to work! again just another coincidence,again i think not!
    so guys,not saying you should start screaming at your plants but i highly recommend playing sounds to them(YOU'VE NOTHING TO LOSE & KEEP IT TO YOURSELVES SO NO ONE WILL TAKE THE PISS!,BELIEVE ME YOU'LL BE TELLING THEM NEXT GROW YOU TALK & PLAY SOUNDS TO THEM!I WILL GUARANTEE THAT!!!),I'm talking from experience but dont play heavy metal,i do play sounds to them plus always love to tend to my ladies & again nothing to lose as your exhaling carbon dioxide which they love & use to produce chlorophyll into producing glucose to produce cellulose which basically builds cell walls in plants which produce HAPPY DAYS!!;)

right lecture over & i apologize for going off track a tad but hey all news is good news,yeh!:)...today i played them "the the" SOUL MINING, sure i seen em grow about an inch in front of me,lol

peace........................& keep up the good work!......:smoke: