Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Blacking out. ??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TheJake12, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Three years ago when my tolerance was low I blacked out from marijuana. I ate a grams worth in edibles & when I became high I proceeded to smoke a quarter of danks in a short period of time. The next day while my buddies & I were talking about it, someone mentioned I smoked from a hooka which I didn't remember what so ever. I remembered everything else that was mentioned.

What I'm positive about:

-It was 100% marijuana. I didn't drink or use any other drugs.
    -I was awake the whole time
    -I smoked about twenty times before that, but never that much.
    -It must of been @ the peek of my high since I remembered everything before & after smoking hooka.

I haven't heard much about blacking out from only marijuana in real life or on these forums, so I'm assuming that it is a rare effect. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this...?

Take it easy gc :smoking:

2. You might have low blood pressure, that happens to a few people I know to varying degrees. One slips in and out of consciousness when blazed because of it(occasionally), and another blacked out once and its never happened again.

A way you can test is by laying flat on the floor and then stand up as fast as you can, if you get dizzy, you probably have low blood pressure.

3. I have a friend who has claimed to black out from weed. I'm not sure if he was drinking that night either.

4. yea i think koolz is right, u cant really black out from weed, even though everything seems like a dream lol. but yea sometimes u get hypoglycemic and that happens. but pretty sure doesnt have to do with weed directly, more like u smoked weed and then forgot to eat.. or ate to much. etc

5. I blacked out monday for the first time.. I was standing the whole time smokin a blunt and a j, then i got lightheaded, my vision got really blurry and i guess i just fell over. I pretty much woke up instantly hitting the floor cuz my friend said is he dead, hope not and i heard him say it and i just got up and said nope, but i just passed the fuck out..
    Now i dont know if it was from weed or what, i hadnt ate that day and it was at least 6 a clock and i played alot of beer pong the night before so idk

6. I used to see that happen to folks back in the day hittin a gravity bong. I saw someone do it taking a rising shotgun. I have done it quite a few times.....kinda scary. I think it has to do with lack of oxygen.... Maybe blood pressure plays a role...hmm

7. I don't think the OP means "blacked out" in the sense of passing out, so much as still functioning but unable to remember what one was doing. Similar to people saying they "blacked out" from drinking: you're still awake and (apparently) somewhat conscious, you just will not be able to recall what you did while blacked out once your sobriety returns.

I don't know, I've done things while stoned that I've completely forgotten about before. Usually I'll find some evidence of the activity later on, or remember about it some later time I'm stoned. This almost always seems to happen late at night, after I've been smoking for a while. So yes -- I'd say it's possible. A big difference between "blacking out" on marijuana and blacking out from alcohol is that your judgment isn't completely destroyed from weed though.

8. HOLY SHIT IM NOT THE ONLY ONE LAMO ...........its happend a few times but never that often and only with REALLY good bud ....ill be hittin a bong in my room and hold it in longer then normal to get to the window so i dunt stink up the place but when i put the bong down to exhale i blacked out and woke up basically like BR33T OWNS just like hittin the floor and my chair was knoced over and i crashed my modem n like it was kinda scary...........

but sense then its only ever happned 2 other times i think its just from a lack of oxygen in my opiniion cuzz to be honest its feels like when u stand up to fast .....like a super induced weed head rush ....the weed rush lol :smoke: