BlackBerry Fire grow

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Hindumasterkush, Dec 2, 2018.

1. 1st question: can anyone identify the problem?

2nd: should i wait to flip to 12/12 or just go for it?

This is my 8th grow but my first in 8 years I have never had these kind of problems and I'm having a hard time figuring it out everything I researched seems like possibly manganese deficiency maybe you guys can help me out here's what I got going on.

Yellowing between veins and brown spots on top half of plants

4x8 grow tent only using 4x4 right now (i plan on expanding to entire tent next grow)

6 Blackberry fires in the 5th week of veg about to switch to 12/12

Cocotek with 5 gallon smartpots

1000 watt metal halide

Full foxfarm hydroponic line, Cal Mag, and I cut the super Thrive out in week three.

Feeding rural tap water pH test from 5.5 to 6 .0 I try to keep it at 5.8

Feeding temp 68°-70°

EC started out at .7 then move to 1.5 went as high as 2.0 and drop back down to 1.5 I flushed before and after 2.0 feeding

Feed every other day

Temperatures have ranged from 68 to 85 most of the time staying within range of 72 to 78

Humidity has been as low as 38 as high as 70 but most of the time from 40 to 50
    20181201_130736_Film3.jpg 20181201_130813_Film3.jpg 20181201_130604_Film3.jpg 20181201_130657_Film3.jpg 20181130_165523_Film3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anyone out there?

• Like Like x 1
  3. #4 Hindumasterkush, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    Foliar feed has helped

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. My vote is a manganese deficiency fits better then the rest

• Like Like x 2
  5. Any time the new growth is affected it's micro-nutrients. Looks a lot like sulfur but hard to tell.

If it was low Mg then the oldest fan leaves would begin to yellow first as Mg along with N,P,K, and Zinc are mobile nutrients that the plant can steal from older growth to keep new growth healthy. Everything else is fixed so if it is lacking in the media it starves the new growth.

The main reason for new growth deficiencies is bad pH. When you know that you are feeding your plants all they need and this shit happens it's likely pH is out of whack badly. Generally too high but with coco can be way too low and coco can bind up micros and make them unavailable to the plant.

This may help you diagnose what's going on. Carefully read the clues around each pic to help you zero in to the problem.

JorgeCervantesCannabisDeficiencyChart.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. Is that your test results or from your provider? I have been the tester for water supplies and I can tell you from experience that NO water provider supplies water that's less than pH7+

Lower pH corrodes anything metallic in the water system so if the feed water is less than 7 they add something like calcium carbonate to raise the pH over 7. Remember Flint Michigan?

I would be suspicious of your pH tester if that's the reading you get. Call your provider and ask for a copy of their water analysis. Should be free and may even be available on the town website.

I use RO or distilled water so never have to worry about something in my water screwing up my plants.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I have 2 ph meters i mix my nutrients then dilute for proper EC after all this is done I checked the ph and it's usually sitting around 6.8 and then I put my pH Down in there

Sent from my LG-M327 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #11 Hindumasterkush, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    Im pretty sure i see a deficiency in B, Mn and Zn. Is that possible to be short on three secondary nutrients? If i corrected this how long do you think it would take to see improvements

9. If pH is the root of the problem then its very likely that many micros could be involved.

Most people don't test runoff pH properly.

To get real results you need to soak the pots until you have runoff but don't use that to test pH. Remove that runoff then after 12 hours add enough water to force out more runoff then test that. It will show you the true pH that exists in the rootball.

I went back to school in my 30s to get a diploma in environmental chemistry and almost 30 years later still remember some of it. ;) BCIT Grad '90.

I grind up my own supplement pills to add Zn, Fe, S etc for my plants. I strongly believe that Zn is much too low in most nutrients as it is for us humans. I take a daily Zn cap that has added copper so I don't have to get up 3x night to go pee a shot-glass full. Sleep like a baby all night now and wake up with a rock hard dick at age 64. lol

If you can figure this out you should get great crop but don't switch until you do.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I feed tomorrow so i will feed, wait then water and test runoff 12 hours later. Thank you for that good info. Ive just been testing my run off and calling it good.

11. Also this post was from the first so i started foliar feeding the plants and seen improvement in them and flipped them today. I know my crop wont be huge but im learning and will do better on the next one.

Snapchat-432920259.jpg 20181205_164220_Film3.jpg Snapchat-873068577.jpg

12. Nothing wrong with the way those plants look and should be a great harvest it all goes well.
    Now we got legal pot in Canada I'd wait 6+ months and find all sorts of lightly used gear for sale on Kijiji/Craigs etc for pennies on the dollar.
    Anybody can grow a plant but growing really great plants takes a bit more effort than a lot of people are prepared to invest.
    I grew my first buds in '78 and have been growing on and off and helping friends get grows going and working in major grow ops for bikers since then. In '01 I moved up here to northern Alberta and there hasn't been a day since when there isn't pot plants in my house.
    Just for my own use and to share with a few friends. I'm into CBD strains these days and just did my first Beam's Test for CBD. Got the positive reaction I expected. Turns violet/purple if CBD is present and the darker it goes the more CBD is present.
    This is just a random test of what I already figured was fairly high CBD strain. I have 5 decarbed samples ready to to a standardized test so I have some balanced colours to help going ahead with breeding. This bit was never decarbed but still indicates a strong positive for CBD.
    CBDtest-random2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Any idea what's going on thought nutrient burn at first so I dropped feeding back but still seems to be hurting

Attached Files:

14. Yes all same nutrients and light distance 1500 wat led... pH 6-6.5 checked 3 times a day... ppm was around 300 but haven't checked in a while waiting on a new meter... N-p-k is 8-2-2... temp is 70-75 in the day and 65-70 at night ... Have a 1*6 air stone in the bottom of each bucket and each has a air pump rated for double what they run

15. I don't know much and I haven't studied that type of grow but I thought hydro was supposed to be pH between 5.5 and 6.0

16. If your pH is not correct the plant will not be able to take nutrients in like they're supposed to and can cause deficiencies