Black Widow / OG Kush 12 / 12 S/F UV Led Light Experiment

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Fataqui, Jan 3, 2018.

1. This is really just an experimental grow using an old 80 diode 2 x 80 watt drivers led light that I completely rebuilt to allow one driver to just power 40 uv 385nm diodes and the other driver to power an array of blue, red and white diodes in 400nm to 700nm range. My updated light uses 2 x 120 watt drivers, they are cheap ones that I bought for 12.00 dollars each from china. my light is using all Lg 5watt diodes, the uv diodes are also LG3535 5W UV/Ultra Violet High Power Emitters. The total diode watts with both driver running is 232 watts. Other notes... because this is an experimental grow I will be running this grow from start to finish using 12 on / 12 off lighting. I am doing that because I just want to see what kind of plants my experimental light can grow using that lighting schedule from start to finish. For my medium I am using soil, I am just using good old Vermont dirt from my mountain top backyard with 30% perlite added, along with one cup of fresh ground-up deer droppings per 4 gallon cloth pot. Also I will not be using any other supplements or additives other than molasses. My soil naturally has a pH value of 6.5. The water I will be using is from a mountain top spring that is outback, it has a constant pH value of 6.6 and a ppm reading of 0, so I won't be chemically adjusting the water I will be using throughout this entire grow. So this will be sort of a simple water n' go grow...

Day 4...

day_4.jpg

They didn't start of so well seeing the tent that I had them in was up against an outside wall so the temperature in that tent never got above 65F, but I found some room to move that tent away from that cold outer wall so now they are in an environment that stays at 74F with the lights on or off, and the humidity is a constant 60%... I will be transplanting them to their 4 gallon pots on day 14.