Black Water Hyrdoponics "Bubble Bags" 5G

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by CreamyG, Feb 23, 2010.

1. I ordered some off of ebay.com as the price is pretty much unbeatable at $39 plus $10 shipping. I was a little disappointed(but not surprised) to see a big "made in china" sticker when they advertise that they cut out the middleman and lead you to believe they are made in Las vegas, but its ok I suppose, granted they work well. It comes with a 10m, 25m, 73m, 160m, 220m, a pressing screen and a felt storage bag.(m short for micron)

Label Shot

[​IMG]

In my bucket:

[​IMG]

My extra medicine being donated. I have a lot so may try this twice today:

[​IMG]

My new grinding machine:

[​IMG]

A cookie sheet ready to get bubble bagged:

[​IMG]

I will post some results later.

2. Well, good news! It works just fine. You can see the 2 main grades that came off the 25m and 73m screens. I got a little off the 160 and 10 screens as well but not much to speak of. I am running it again and see what else I can come up with. Here's a pic of results.

[​IMG]

CreamyG

3. I had about 15g the 1st run and 12g the 2nd time I ran it through(same mash), I think I had more medicine in the ice water than I needed. Turned out very well and knockout power for that late night puff when the tolerance is high. I highly recomend them to anyone with a lot of trim/popcorn nugs lying around.

4. Thanks for the thread man. I think we will try the bags. Seems like a money saver. How is that grinder working for you? Would you recommend that too?

5. Wow that's what's good! So u got 27 gs from how much shake and fluff? I was looking into getting one of these off ebay for cheap but I was told I should just make food with my shake. But i need to get as much out of this as i can so i guess im going to give it a try too.

6. I was just lookin at those same bags on ebay. you said they seem to be of quality?:smoking:

7. They seem to be sewn well and of good materials but only time will tell. they were from China so quality is always questionable imo.

I used a lot of shake, probably 4 ounces and all crystal'd up. I made a lot of butter, but got very sick of the high I received from eating it often, much better to smoke bubble hash imo. If nothing else they are good training bags for if you ever decide to upgrade.

The grinder works acceptably at best, It was in the cupboard so it got used. I would opt for a small coffee grinder dedicated to this purpose if I was going to purchase one.

8. Ok so I have purchased and used these bags based on this thread and messaging creamy. I put about 2 lbs of shake and small nugs through these bags and here is what I have found. First of all the 10 mil bag is worthless because the canvas is not waterproof. The 25 mill bag works ok but you can't squeeze it at all to speed up the process because the canvas and stitching is not water proof......water resistant maybe.. but not waterproof. So you are limited to whatever mill the canvas and stitching are. Your product will end up in the canvas...which is bad. These bags have no handles or rings to attach handles.. also bad. I had the 5 gallon version and the company told me that they had never heard of anyone having problems with the canvas not being waterproof before so maybe I just got a bad set. I went and bought a 35 gal set locally and compared the canvas on both and the blackwater set just didnt seem to have any waterproof coating while the 35 gallon set did. I have since used the 35 gallon set and it works perfectly. The canvas doesnt leak at all. I asked the company for a refund and even though I purchased it from within the states they told me that I had to send it to canada to get a refund. Shipping these to canada is 25 usd. Ultimately my advice is this. If you are going to play around at making product with these and just want to experiment.. maybe run a lb of garbage a year through then these are fine. If you intend on making any kind of quantity then go spend the money and save yourself hours of labor and wasted product. Hope this helps.

9. I also bought the rocket chef for 20 bucks on ebay. I would definitely go with a coffee grinder instead.

10. I bought some cheap eBay bubble bags and notice a weird perfume taste from it when the weed taste nothing like that. So i lit a piece of hash on fire it burn like plastic... black smoke with lil black floating thingies.Then I tried it out with friend hash he made with the Black Water Hydroponics bubble bags same results.

Bubble Bags are Toxic and Hazardous to your Health!!! unless i see a safer material use to make bubble bags I'm always going to rag on them. I suggest buying the silkscreens yourself and make and safer product, was thinking wood/metal buckets and stacking them like matryoshka dolls.

11. all bubble hash lights up for me. Even from nice CA dispensaries. Just the way it burns. As far as the quality, that sucks. I definitely kept my expectations low for $40 but I have been happy and yeah that 10m bag sucks balls.

12. sorry for long wait to response

not just light up but i mean Black Smoke and black floating things from the hash that float away when on fire

just like when you light plastic on fire

still can't find good safe diy for it, will make an video for a safe diy type of water hash system when i got the time.

13. I have been making bubble hash for years and yes it burns like plastic. Hash is lipid based like plastics so they are going to have similar chemical properties. There is nothing toxic about using bubble bags I cannot stress this enough! bubble hash is far healthier and less toxic than smoking marijuana. Do some research don't take my word for it. I normally use Bubble bag brand bags for my hash making, expensive but worth it imo. They seem to make the purest product. That is until recently when I found these BWH bags. They are literally the exact same as the name brand bags. I accidentally cut one of mine and replaced it with a bwh bag, works great. If you have a funny taste either wash the bags on a gentle cycle in your machine COLD WATER! or its the strain your using to make the hash. Bubble hash is cannabanoids water and small bits of plant material (if the proper method and equipment is used). Btw dont ever ever ever squeeze your bags when making hash, your stretching the screen creating a larger pore for more impurities to pass through.