Black Tie vs Space Case

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by sturmlaceyyy9669, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Does space case have a lifetime warranty?

2. Nope, nor does my SCS. Nick over at black tie said his sole reason for having one is simply to show how confident he is in his product and that you don't even need a reason, the one thing I had always feared was the nylon screen popping out which was updated now to have a metal o ring "welding" it in place, the black tie is also 2 inches bigger from the medium average, like space case it also uses the same anadization as space case minus the titanium polish, I know for a fact that the teeth in the original grinder were black and I think white out and pink have metal, the black teeth literally never had weed get stuck in the threads or the teeth, the holes are circular not oval and I purposely place between every 2 of the 50 teeth making sure that everything is evenly ground, and when frozen will still be able to unthread and use with the same effiecy, unlike my SCS. People said even the screen production on the black tie is maybe even better considering it is using micron and not whatever space case use, possibly stainless steel? The magnet is also the strongest and since it is located perfectly above a bigger magnet, it will always maximess ease of use as well as never open up on you and even to prove a point they now give you not only a box and scrapper, a velvet carrying pouch as well as an extra scapper for you to set aside elsewhere, they also not only made the kief tray walls at a grove for ease of collection but also made the botom flat instead of having the linings it had, which I don't see why they did. Also, if you have one of those black little cleaning brushes that come with mens beard shaving kits, use a blowdryer or something on that instead and take that brush to the grinder for record collection times to be gaped

3. Side Note, I would say black tie has kind of a unique grind texture, not like the grinders I have used.

I am shocked to see that people are putting black tie next to space case considering the space case is $130 now for the large and the newest version of black tie, pink tie or white out are only $30 and actually provide a lifetime warranty, oh also. When Nick asked what his company stands for and what his goals were he said, I feel that everybody deserves to have a nice grinder as weed is a very beautiful thing all people deserve equally, nobody should have to pay so much for higher end material, he vows to offer the best material possible with main goal of reminding people that hey, don't judge an item by its price, you have no reson to d
    I have the purple four piece, a year and one 2 months already

4. I seem to see that the internet drools over the shredder, the only reason I got mine was cause it was purple lol.
    This thing didn't come close to touching the pollen catcher quality of the black tie. Same for quanitity, when I had the original If I put a good 12 grams in there, grind it and freeze then smack that hoe on your booty cheek or something for at least 5 mins, turn hella slow as my shit was overly over full. However I purchased the shredder not for its pollen collection abilites but because man, its scs I either have to have it in my collection but will only purchase after some obessive thought processing, then I learned they had colors and that was that. I wouldn't personally purchase again or would refer someone to. However if anyone has this as their dream grinder hmu if you wanna trade or something!

5. I was talking to Nick who creates the black tie and he mentioned that the new version utilizes a steel o ring below the scren to ensure durability as well as helping guide pollen away from the walls, which are now sloped and they removed previous cnc linings. I wanna say that space case uses steel for their screen? I am not very fond of my scs screen as its on the bigger and cheaper looking side, the only micron I used was the black tie and that was long before I knew there were different screen types, now as for kief my chromium was even better for kief, however I will say the scs fluffs bud kinda like youd want it for a volcano except is also a little more fine making rolling up a co-operative kinda thing since the weed assuming dank enough pretty much welds like play-do. I am really wishing there was a website for people to trade stoner utensils.

6. The space case is stainless which also could be measured in microns but they dont publish that info. Either way, if i want kief, i make dry ice hash. I just want my grinder to grind weed.

7. Dude, lots of people make $15 grinders last damn near a year. I am not saying you are lying, I am just saying you got the space case for more than just the purpose to grind. Nobody buys the most high end product for the satisfaction of dropping so much on a sole purpose. I feel if that was your true reasoning for having one you would have gone electronic? Or are you actually being for real?

8. Yeah man I'm being for real for real. My space case is over 5 years old and still works like new. The only reason I got it was to grind. It was also only like 50$ back then and i dont think there were any other options in the 3.5'' and bigger range. I buy quality products and take care of them so they can last me a lifetime. Why separate kief from flower just to end up smoking it all in the end? Again, if I want kief, i make dry ice hash out of trim because thats all its good for.

9. Honestly, Kief is only like just an interest in mine, as long as a grinder isn't acrylic if you just throw it in a freezer for half an hour and the kief will weigh itself down, the space case is and always will be something I gotta get, but for them to be at the price they are just doesn't make sense and the only reason I mention the warranty isn't any doubt in the space case as it is legendary and will be king for awhile still, it is because this dude is dedicating his live to his shit, not requiring any kind of reason and more than ready to return your money is a little too much for me to believe he is bluffing, plus I had the original, then I was like okay, I guess I will get the space case for storage, then learned its smaller.. At that point I am like, theres gotta be some justification to pay 5X more other than just the name. I will say, the santa cruz shredder, is fucking TERRIBLE at least in my experience why you wonder? What about the scs is making ityous price acceptable? That thing I didn't read up on before getting but the same outcome would have happned anyhow because grinder forums and I mean all of the weed forums, you see people saying things like there is no better kief catching grinder on the market, this is the only one you will ever need and I don't think mine is fake either, knowing me I will end up buying the space case of the biggest size,

What I can't stand are all the talking up there is for the scs yet give very little detail when asked why so highly favored. I like the feel, the size and weight. Hate the old man looking pollen screen and even the plastic ring maybe dirt cheap quality as well. I like they offer variety of colors but to see it perform less than my $20 black tie, like... wow lol

10. What is it about the grind of the space case that cause such favor?

11. The size of it for one. I like to grind once a month at the most. For me, its the perfect amount of grinding. The anodized aluminum is good at being anti-stick. Its a quality anodizing, hasnt worn off at all. I tried a couple cheaper (and larger) ones off Amazon and they were inferior for one reason or another.

12. Didn't know grinders were such a hot topic these days. I've got the same daily grinder I've used for 10+ years. It was a free boxing day walk in at a weed store, way nicer than the spiral piece of shit I had.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. I have no idea what dry hash is, but I am intrigued.

14. Damn, I just get into random phases of comparisons, the days of scrolling through the new coolest water pipes ended when I got my jetwaterpipe a few years back lol, I find myself rolling blunts far more often in my recent years vs when I was a teen

15. Youtube. Dry ice hash.

16. Make one without a keif catcher

17. I read a High Times article about that... they say the Space Case is built to such high quality standards that it's "essentially indestructible" or something like that and doesn't need any sort of warranty to begin with.

EDIT: Just checked the Space Case website... they say they have a lifetime warranty on Space Case grinders purchased through their website.

18. Good to know, doubt ill ever need another one though. i paid like 70 for mine on amazon and they are over double that now.

Thats funny. They are aluminum. Aluminum is weak. That being said, as long as you know how to use it and take care of it, yes it should last a lifetime.

19. I had always wondered why they don't make grinders out of some other material like stainless steel or something idk. I had been concerned when I heard they were made from aluminum because I had thought there were some health issues associated with aluminum, but I guess if everyone says the teeth on a Space Case don't erode or anything, and the coating stays on... mayybe it's not a problem.

20. "Known to the state of Cancer to cause California."