Black Tie vs Space Case

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by sturmlaceyyy9669, Apr 10, 2022.

1. #1 sturmlaceyyy9669, Apr 10, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    I have owned both the Santa Cruze Shredder and Black Tie Grinder and now am deciding to get Space Case next as I have wanted one for many years now.. My question is strictly relating to kief production. The Black Tie did a much better job at collecting kief vs the SCS despite being a fraction of the price. To anyone who has used Space Case and Either one of these brands, could you please explain what you liked about them and how fast they produced kief. Also, I will say the SCS produces a much flufflier grind.

update: I am posting the link for the black tie store, they are only $21 and I can almost promise it will outperform grinders that double in cost by a great margin, if yall spend $21 and were completly honest in saying you were disappointed I would gladly pay you double the amount paid. Hell, I may just pick up the white on black whenever I buy whatever grinder I decide on.

Black Tie Grinder Review: The Ultimate Grinding Experience - ExpertsofHerb

2. [​IMG]
    nice price range too $20-$80 ......surprise surprise still made in usa

• Like Like x 1
  3. The 3.5 inch space case is the Rolls Royce of grinders. I doubt ill ever use anything else.

But as far as kief goes, I couldnt care less. I keep my herbs and 62% rh and they dont drop much kief. I would like to take the screen out of mine and superglue the bottom on so that it just has one nice big storage space. Might do that someday. Kief also relates to the type of flower. I usually go for super greasy pungent strains that are crazy sticky. I find the low odor strains to have trichs that do like to break off and fall through the screen.

• Informative Informative x 1

4. That is until it jams as mine did. I always cleaned my grinders once every 2 ounces with iso alcohol and a toothbrush, then used hemp oil to lubricate the threads.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Space case? What do you mean jams?

6. Over time the metal in the threads starts to break down it it will strip the threads and jam.

7. Ive had mine for a long time, no issues. Could have been operator error, cross threading it accidentally. Or you got a dud. I dont clean mine based on how much ive used it, i clean it based on how dirty it is. Some of my shit is so sticky it will be clogged after less than an ounce.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. This isn't an isolated incident, cross threading is not possible without a manufacturing defect. The reviews on several areas mention issues with the threads jamming up. The SLX V2.5 is a better grinder anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mine is purple, however my brother put delta 8 thru it leading to a drastic decrease in performance due to all the sticky wax they spray on it or whatever.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I agree completly, however I always freeze my grinder for like 25 mins before I throw a quarter in it and instead of shaking it I beat the hell out of my thigh with it. The way I found that out was with the black tie. I opened the bottom to see keif just fall out after having nothing in it prior. I will say the price of the black tie is too good and am assuming they raised their price, at the time I paid just under $20 for it and it outperformed my shredder by many many leagues. I am assuming because the screen was micron, maybe. They are currently $21 and come in either black on white, white on black and pink.

11. Crazy, from what I understand the greatest feat of the space case is the fact it literally last forever, but then again.. There is a reason I never go by what I hear.

12. I forgot to mention black tie comes with 2 scrapers, a box and a carrying pouch plus apparently they have an updated version now, surely gonna pick one up as well and review it while comparing it to other grinders I have tried

13. Thats simply not true. You might have got a bad one. Or operator error. But i guarantee you if i tried hard enough, i could cross thread any grinder you put in my hands.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. At first I did not quite agree with what you were saying until I realized your point, I think this is what happened when I purchased my scs, internet talks it up and its trash, it also cross threaded but thats because my neighbor at the time tried using a wrench to loosen it, apparently santa cruz shredders will freeze shut very quickly around 10 degrees, just a random fyi. If anyone has an scs

15. Off topic, but dang dude that cat picture is strangely disturbing. I like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Best way to ruin a grinder is lend it to someone else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Well, excuse me for taking the term durability literal, if a 19 year old boy can ruin such quality material just by a cannabinoids getting in the grooves. I agree, good quality stuff! xD

18. good thing it gave a life time warranty, oh.. yea..