Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Black Tar

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Rootsphere_Farms, Apr 21, 2014.

1. #1 Rootsphere_Farms, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    I have a question for you bong users out there, but first ill say about 3 months after I started using only bongs, I noticed I was coughing up black tar about once every few days. Gradually until the 5 month mark of smoking, I started coughing up larger amounts and more frequently, I was only about 0.5g a day on average, sometimes more.

I have quit using bongs because of this for about 4-5 months now, and continued to flush the rest of the tar out of my lungs the following 1-2 months after quitting and haven't coughed any up since.

Was just wondering if you guys that use bongs also cough up tar, or if you don't there is probably a SHIT load of tar in your lungs, judging on the amount that I use to cough up only smoking 0.5 a day for a 5 month period

2. Coughing up black tar? i've never heard of it, I might be wrong and this is normal but I've never known anyone to cough up tar, you should get checked out

3. yes I experienced this with smoking. heard somewhere that its good, your lungs are getting rid of all the garbage in them. I quit smoking a while ago though, exclusively vape.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I haven't coughed by tar, and I used to smoked just over a gram a day. My old friend used to cough it up, but she also used to smoke a pack and a half a day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Same here, just vapes and concentrates for me.

For those of you that don't cough it up, your lungs probably don't function as well as mine, I am probably lucky as I was able to expel it often. If only you guys could see inside.

6. Nah, I've never coughed up anything but mucous/phlem. The bongs I've been using the past 2 years had percs so maybe that helped.

7. I guess some people's lungs are able to expel, some's are not.

8. Its pretty common among heavy smokers. I've had it for about a year, doctor said it was really nothing to worry about.

9. after about my 3rd month of straight bong use give or take, about just under a gram a day, I switched to vaping completely because of the tar I was coughing up… 

10. 5 months here. :( But I made the same decision as you! And it was a good one for sure.

11. congratulations on your superior lungs 

12. thought this thread was gonna be about unmentionables before I opened it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app