Black Sugar+ Gelat OG

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by bluenoserjoe, Jan 14, 2020.

1. These girls are hungry. They are requiring a twice a day feeding, and are showing it. Time to flip them into flowering mode, I may-be have waited too long.:unsure: This is one toxic brew. Feed this to any potted plant and kiss its ass good-by. It is designed to bring the res. back into spec for this stage. I mix it twice a day based on temp., ec. and ph. readings. Time consuming for sure but even an external res. can't provide a customized feeding schedule. :smoking-bong:

2. Time to give these two some peace. Everything under the screen has been removed for better air flow. The lights have been reset to a 12/12 schedule and I have enough grow nutes to feed them through the first couple weeks of the stretch. A second screen will be installed about 18" above the first to support and space the colas as they reach it. Hope I allowed enough height this time around. If not then super cropping is my friend.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #24 bluenoserjoe, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  4. Day seven Flower
    Res. change last evening. I have made the switch over to bloom nutes. and made the res. up at ec.1.0. This is weaker then last grow nutes, so as to allow a transition period. Both plants are starting to stack up and oh, the smell. Starting to get complaints from upstairs. Ha

Canopy shots

Little buds forming

5. In a world gone wild here is a garden gone wild. Day 20 of the stretch, and I am officially out of room. First time the girls have grown past the lights. I will get the whip out and regain control over the week end. Stay safe all.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Her is a pic for all those dumping their exhaust into an attic or crawl space, don't. Here is the end of a four inch line exhausting two plants for less then a week, almost two gallons collected. This is the reason grow houses are condemned after a couple or three grows.

7. hello mate, i just read through your journal and everything looks excellent. how far are you out from harvest?

8. Sorry for the non reply. I think my part of the world has started to flip out. Sad times we are living in.
    Enough of that for now, I think I an about two weeks away from harvest from today. Things are looking very tasty in the grow room, and the smell, Mr Clean and old gas, maybe Tell you one thing, you definitely know it's somewhere in the house. lol :biggrin:

9. Day 49 of a 50-55 day plant.
    Day 103 from seed crack.
    Res change
    in 18 liters
    10ml. silica
    30ml. each Bloom A+B
    10ml. Sparkle

I have dropped the cal/mag this late into flower as it is nitrogen based. Also have doubled up on the silica as it is potassium based. Nugs are hard ,sticky and stinky. Just like they should be. Two different plants so the smell is confussing, Mr. Clean and old gas is the best I could come up with.

10. As of Sunday it is day 63 of a 50-55 day plant. Still think I will give them one more week. The Black Sugar has some top leaves starting to yellow and die back and the Gelat Og is starting to go red and purple. Both plants will mature around the same time but they sure are looking different as to how. Hard to describe the smell, sort of like newly installed cushion floor, a sort of soothing smell.

11. Great looking crop here. I am too experiencing my plants growing too close to the light and I don't have much more room in the tent to raise the light.. I am planning on just tying them down a bit more. Is that how you are battling the stretch towards the lights? Great pics look forward to seeing your finished results. How high did you get the PPM up to so far?

12. Sorry it took so long to reply. Crazy world we now live in. Yes I plan my grow with the plan to super crop. I am convinced it will increase yield. I took the ppm up to 1200 for a couple of weeks but found they slowed down on the water intake. By backing down the ppm to 900 the water intake increased once again allowing me to feed more. The harvest is in so more to follow.

13. A little late but here it is. On May 24 the Black Sugar came down. She went 134 days from seed with 76 days of flower time. Although not a huge producer her buds are fairly dense and a medium size. Very sticky and the smell, gotta say, you just want to bury your nose in it. A wet trim and then hung in a drying box for eight days. A that point I will finish the trimming and break down the buds for the jars. I fill the jars about 3/4 allowing some room for air. Then I burp once a day for about an hour to exchange the air in the jars. A couple or three weeks of this and the jars are ready for some long storage. As of last evening the buds are still to sticky to grind and smoke. Black Sugar would be a good candidate for some pressing, bet she would yield good.
    Total tally - 14 grams larf
    - 23 grams dry trim
    - the above for butter or oil extract
    - and finally 112 grams of bud that I can't wait to test.
    Up next her sister plant Gelat OG.

14. Amazing job on this grow. You got some skills man!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. :thankyou:
    Skills, maybe, luck. lots of. Good genetics and patience go a long way here. The dyi system is a hybrid of larger systems from my past.

16. Now for the second part of this spring harvest. And I must say I am pleasantly surprised with this plant. The Gelat OG was sprouted to replace a Black Sugar that crashed on take off. The numbers for size and flower time were close hence the choice. They did say she was a good producer and she turned out to me my biggest plant to date. With large , super dense buds, smelling of forest floor and old fuel with a little lemon zest thrown in as well. She will be enjoyed for months to come. She took 130 days from seed and was flowered for 79 days. The seed write up stated 50/55 days for flower but this actually needed three weeks more to ripen fully. Showing some fall colors along with lots of purple in the buds. The super cropping allowed the buds to mature along the top two feet of each stem. Again after a wet trim all were hung to dry. In this case it took thirteen days to dry enough to dry trim and break down into smaller buds for the jars. I will be burping this bunch for at least three weeks before the final taste test. Final tally
    -18d larf
    -14g dry trim
    -76g lower buds
    -193g of top bud
    total usuable product 301 grams
    This along with the Black Sugar has come to 450 grams. Now this is a coincidence as they were grown under two Viperspectra 450's. As these lights put out 200 watts each, then they produced 1.2 g's per watt. Next upgrade will be some sort of meter to keep track of power consumption in the grow room, would like to know what I am actually paying per gram. My shelves are well stocked for the foreseeable future so I am turning my attention to an out door grow this summer. Auto's in soil, in geo pots using Mega Crop. In a homemade 4x4x7 green house to give them some protection from heavy rains and nasty early fall storms. This could be a complete failure but I have been doing my research and am about to give it a try.
    :dance2: Stay safe all, and remember to keep on keeping on. :dance2:

• Like Like x 1