Black striping on tips and edges and Purple stem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BoyintheBUbble, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Hi all, Id post a pic but camera broken. Ive got one baby under 3 cfls, roughly 4-5inches above. The plant is maybe 3 inches tall, with 2 sets of leaves with more growing, but slowly.

The first set ofleaves have black stripes slmost along the edges and it looks like the blackish stripes/spots are appearing on the new leaves too. Just along the edges. The tips of the first to leaves were burned, maybe by light/nute burn.

Also, the stem is purple, and the sdtripes could amost pass for purple too.

Is this a nute problem,,, I was thinking maybe a K defiencieny.

Was gonna water tomrrow with a mix of Faox farm bog bloom and grow big as the instructions say to do so for the 2nd week.

Facts:
    1. MIx of perlite,vermiculite,peatmoss, and little organic compost
    2. 1 gallon plastic bucket with holes drilled around bottom
    3. Watering with distilled water (might make compost tea, but ill wait till she gets bigger
    4. Have Fox farm grow big and big bloom.
    5. I have only used big bloom once during watering

2. A MJ plant does not need any food for the first 3 weeks of life. My guess is your organic compost for it is too "hot" and they are getting nute burned; especially since you ferted it as well. In good soil, there should be no reason why they are k deficient when only 3 inches tall and however old they are.