Black/Stoner Metal Tune

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by cubensiseye, Apr 26, 2013.

1. #1 cubensiseye, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2013
    I am working a a musical project called "Elder Dark" This is just a rough demo.

Attached Files:

2. I am digging it so far, is this just a solo thing?

3. #3 cubensiseye, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2013
    yeah just a home recording. I do a one man band thing like Burzum. Here is a remixed version

Attached Files:

4. Right on dude, that's pretty kickass. I have been wanting to start a one man project, but i have like no equipment. I have a decent line 6 amp, ibanez guitar that has horrible wiring problems, bass with no electronics, and some acoustic guitars. I can play everything, but i need a lot of stuff!!

5. Thanks Man! I'm in the process of writing an album all in the same vein as this song. I use a line six valve amp a Carvin Electric, A carvin bass and a carvin acoustic. My other electric is an LTD EC-1000.

Sounds like all you gotta do is fix up your instruments and go from there. For recording I use a sure sm57 mic and an m-audio box that routs the signal to my computer. Once it's in my computer I use Presonus Studio one pro for recording mixing and mastering. Sounds like you are close to doing music yourself!

6. Yeah I am rather close, but hopefully once I get some student financial aid in I can stock up, I am a music tech student so I will need all this stuff anyways. I also have to get a pro quality trumpet too so that could really set me back though, even a used one can get over $1,000 so I am not looking forward to that lol.

I dig the sound your getting, it is rather crisp. When it comes to a solo BM project I want to experiment with some recording techniques that I have tested when stoned. In order to get a raw and really cold sound I ran from my line 6 directly into a decent tape recorder, got the track on tape and transferred it to my computer as a .wav file. Sadly I never made entire songs this way, just snippets to see if it worked. I need to fix my stuff!!!!

7. It will be sweet when you can get all your gear in order. It's an endless pursuit. I have another tune that I'm working on a few posts down called "new tune, no vocals. That one is a little better I think.