Black spots on leaf...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by notoriousrob, May 5, 2010.

1. Yesterday I noticed a small black spot on one of the leaves. Overnight it spread to what you see in the photos. The spots are only on the top of the leaves, the bottoms are normal light green like they should be. This plant is just shy of two weeks old.

I use distilled water, have not started feeding it yet. Humidity is low in my growbox and temp. is where it should be. Early yesterday morning I took a few pictures of the plant and didn't notice any probelms so this seems to be spreading fast. Idk if you can see it but the smallest cotyledon has a black spot on it also. I don't know what it is I was thinking some sort of mold but I have never seen this before.

This isn't my first grow and everything i'm doing is unchanged besides the potting soil used. The new growth has what looks like black tips but its not its purple and has been like that sine it started growing. Any suggestions?

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. #2 benthamj49, May 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010
    You don't have any perlite in that soil...that might hurt you later on. What kind of soil is it? Looks like the tips are burning so maybe an overfert issue.

Those black spots are really strange, no idea what that's about.

If you're using just dirt from outside though, you should probably start a very small injection of nutes... It might just be going into shock from not having any food. Depends on the soil though, if its MiracleBurn or something like that don't add nutes though, you know the drill.