Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Black Pepper for Anxiety recipes

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by hibodharma, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Hey blades

I was reading about the anti-anxiety effects of using black pepper / peppercorns in combination with cannabis, and was wondering if anyone had any personal experience or recipes on how to best utilize this-- especially in combo with strong edibles or high THC strains. As we know, there are some people who just cannot enjoy MJ without plenty of unwanted anxiety or paranoia like feelings.

I read in an article that the black peppercorns have to be fresh and crushed before being used in foods or tea, as there are less health benefits from typical table pepper. This seems very interesting and I want to try it

article:
    How Black Pepper relieves Cannabis Anxiety
    tea recipe:
    Black Pepper "Tea"

• Like Like x 3
  2. I haven't tried it yet but Galaxy420 talks about it all the time on this site. Hopefully he will chime in.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks for contacting me... I'll reply here on the thread..
    using fresh only works because pre ground black pepper has no smell really and the smell or aroma is the medicine.. it is the beta caryophyllene ( terpene) in the pepper that does it.. I am experimenting with black pepper oil but think that fresh ground works better... the bonus effects as cannabimimetics works best for topical use that can be mixed wit the pepper.. I am still learning this and can differ you to this thread that goes into lots more detail...
    Cannabis Black Pepper.

oh, I have been using tellicherry black pepper that is biodynamic/organic grown and it is so much more smelly than everyday pepper and I highly recommend a higher quality for medical uses

• Like Like x 4
  4. I work with people who have anxiety, major anxiety, like debilitating and I have saw the effects of greek yogurt on anxiety and it is a definitive help for it, although my only evidence is anecdotal.

Try it out as well, this is the first I have heard of black pepper being good for anxiety. I wonder if a black pepper yogurt cocktail would be good? lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. So the black peppercorns bought in grocery store whole (not ground) are not good? Try to find them fresh as possible? how do you prepare it for use? I looked at some recipes, basically 2 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper in 1-3 cups of boiling water, add honey or other herbs if desired

I am working with turmeric now and supposedly black pepper helps to extract the medicinal properties, they go together well and taste good

• Like Like x 2
  6. the whole peppercorns at the grocery are fine to use, maybe you can find a better quality like organic etc... aroma is better for the organic/biodynamic I found compared to just run of the mill pepper... either way only whole peppercorns will work used freshly ground...
    I use a mortar and pestle to grind down amounts needed for the moment..
    adding more of the fresh ground into your cooking could work or using a direct formula like a topical rub etc...
    I use the yogi approach using 7 peppercorns ground fine with 1/2 tsp of honey for general morning use and add in lots of black pepper to meals sometimes...
    I'm not sure of the accumulative pepper effects from eating it working for anxiety but direct effects like smelling fresh ground or chewing on a whole peppercorn can work for immediate anxiety...
    turmeric and black pepper do work well together... if you come up with a way to get those two compounds into a ultra sonic device and get a liposomal encapsulated formula then together they could be much better for use that way...
    I've encapsulated vitamin C with an ultra sonic but not tried other formulas yet... people are now encapsulating cannabinoids with lecithin with good results...
    a professional example is " prime my body" formula that is cbd encapsulated...

• Like Like x 1