Black ops2

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Purp Skurp, Aug 9, 2012.

1. [quote name='"mistahdobalina"']6.5 million copies in the first week seems like more than casual gamers.[/quote]

It's not entirely casual gamers, but casual gamers are the people who ONLY play CoD. And if it weren't for that game they'd either not be playing a current game at all, or would be playing another title exclusively.

And the casual gamer market is huge, so those numbers aren't surprising.

2. People play cod cause it's easy, fun, and cheap entertainment. I dot play cod anymore but I sure as fuck got my $60 worth on every single cod. 30 days played mw2, 7 on bo, 6 on mw3 and like 2 on cod 4. I played them a ton because it's so easy to do well if you have any intelligence but all the stupid crap in them sent me to my breaking point so I sold them all.

3. I'm getting it just for zombies.
    I clocked ALOT of hours for zombies on black ops.

4. Heavy Rain
    Little Big Planet
    Dark Siders 2
    Fallouts
    Sleeping Dogs
    Borderlands 2

I think thats only ps3 games....

Video games aren't going to die soon... Call of duty Elite is a rip off though...

5. Treyarch is really trying to get this one right. They're listening to the players and the latest I've heard is that they've changed ghost so that you have to be moving in order for it to work. If you're laying in a bush or hiding in a corner, you're busted!

Idk if they'd be able to just move around a little in the corner and be alright, but it's an improvement none the less.

6. im excited for BO2 i've always like treyarch more than IW. im excited for the new zombies too!! it pretty much the only thing i play on CoD besides the occasional wager matches and domination.

7. I know a lot of people hated the first black ops, but I actually really liked it. I really like throwing tomahawks across the map on summit SND... I got sick of mw3 after a month of playing it and switched to bf3. I will always buy every cod just cuz I like the series, but I have to have a fall back game (bf3) incase I don't like it. Black ops 2 does look pretty good tho. it looks like something new and fresh to cod and that is exactly what the series needs....

8. [quote name='"s0mekind"']It's just the same thing over and over and over and over again.... I can't believe you guys actually fall for it.[/quote]

Black ops 2 is completely different tho...

9. Already played at my hacker friends house. Played on Nintendo ds. Got bored and broke his windows, the smashing noise scared me so I drove my fist into his wall.

10. what an awesome post miyagi. theres alot of videos of black ops 2 on youtube since gamescom is happening

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxn2IicjUao&feature=plcp]NEW! Black Ops 2 "Turbine Map" TDM Multiplayer Gameplay - YouTube[/ame]

a full game video

i liked the +15 uav assist since i always have uav as one of my killstreaks

11. Started playing from COD 1 and stopped at COD:MW

I think they have like.... 10 call of dutys now? Of course they dont want to call if Call of Duty 10...

I guess if you've never played COD before you should get it, but then again I think the series has gone to shit since COD4.

I'm SO sick of this game, it seriously needs to die out. People are going to buy COD 20?

At least with mario games you get something different, they literally just release the same games with different maps/guns.

12. "At least with mario games you get something different, they literally just release the same games with different maps/guns."

isnt that what mario did? different worlds pretty much?

13. I watched the gamescon on xbox live event player and they are taking this game to a new level, some of you haters might not realize this but with the new implements they are putting hundreds of dollars worth of tools like editing, live stream along with spectator and shoutcasting/codcasting in our hands for 60$. Go watch the free gamescon blacks ops 2 feed of multiplayer, this isn't only new maps and guns I listed very few new things that they are adding. I personally am looking forward to getting the tomahawk.

14. Liked MW2 to an extent (hated OMA noobtubes and commando)
    Black Ops - Was annoyed with at the time because I was still new to CoD, once I improved it was the master race call of duty game.
    MW3 - Super psyched for it before it came out, played like a month of on and off leisure play then was like fuck this sucks.

I may get BO2. Probably for zombies only because I only really play BF3 multiplayer now. CoD is just too different to get used to again.

The multiplayer trailer for BO2 looks good but just too different. The futuristic aspect of the game looks like it was done well, but it just doesn't seem to be my cup of tea. But the 4v4 Zombies mode intrigues me .

15. I absolutely loved COD 4 and WAW when they were more popular, I have a lot of good memories on those games. MW2 is alright, I like it because I've played it so many times but as far as Call of Duty goes it's shit. Would be an exponentially better game if Commando and OMA tubes were removed. Black Ops was fun, I enjoyed it, I think I only have 1 and a half days played, I'd like to get it to play more. Fuck MW3, I enjoyed it for a while but now it just makes me rage, NOT a fun game at all imo. I'm glad Treyarch is making this game, it makes me have some hope that it may be decent. I won't be getting Black Ops 2 right when it's released, I'll wait to watch some game-plays and reviews and see my impression of it, I'll probably pick it up around Christmas if I think it looks decent.

Can you elaborate more on the shit they're adding :D?

16. #36 DarthVapir646, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
    [quote name='"Quagsire"']Liked MW2 to an extent (hated OMA noobtubes and commando)
    Black Ops - Was annoyed with at the time because I was still new to CoD, once I improved it was the master race call of duty game.
    MW3 - Super psyched for it before it came out, played like a month of on and off leisure play then was like fuck this sucks.

I may get BO2. Probably for zombies only because I only really play BF3 multiplayer now. CoD is just too different to get used to again.

The multiplayer trailer for BO2 looks good but just too different. The futuristic aspect of the game looks like it was done well, but it just doesn't seem to be my cup of tea. But the 4v4 Zombies mode intrigues me .[/quote]

What you said is the EXACT SAME way I feel. Haha I liked BO, played mw3 but switched to bf3 (and bf3 kicks ass!)...And I just watched Black ops 2 multiplayer at gamescom and nothing really appealed me. The coolest thing is the spectator mode. Usually I get overhyped for cod games, but I just am not getting hyped at all for BO2, the whole BO style of gameplay is completely changed and doesn't look great...I hope bf will take over, cuz it seems like a lot of people are making the switch to bf3 and enjoying it....

17. I used to be a pc gamer and played css after my pc fried i went to the xbox cause it's way cheaper

i started played the cod's at MW2 and I really enjoy them and will be playing BO2

I mostly play hardcore dominationbut switch it up sometimesf anyone wants to play my gamertag is unsponsord (let me know your from GC)

18. Live stream starts at 15:15

This was on yesterday through the dashboard. They're going to be broadcasting all week long. Today is community day, so make sure to check out the live event player on the 360 dash today. I think it starts at 12pm PST, but the time should be confirmed at the end of this video by major nelson.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mceqc-oSCI]Gamescom Multiplayer Live Stream Day 1 - Official Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Video - YouTube[/ame]

19. I dont want to type it all lol so watch ^^^^^ that video and enjoy

20. i might get it, black ops has been full of cheaters, and people who use rapid fire, and no i dont suck, i was constantly in the top 3 players on a team, with 30+ kills(only said that, cause nobody believes anybody can cheat online, jtags can play online just fine, there are other ways to mod the games .iso too) i liked blops at first but it when downhill from there; blops 2 looks like that added a bunch of new stuff, but then again thats what it looked like when the first one was about to come out, idk might rent it first