Black market going good; licensed market slow

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by dabs710, Jan 2, 2019.

• Like Like x 2
  1. I just read a bit about that a min ago. That's so sad. 34 cents on the dollar plus some! That insane. The black market isn't going anywhere it looks like. Fuck...well rec in Michigan is gonna be don't quote me 16cents on the dollar. Which is high I'd say to. I guess Cali peeps are just gonna have to get that med card to save money. So If I go to Cali and go to the cookie store that shit must be off the walls expensive haha.

MPM

2. [​IMG]
    yeah ...like that with booze almost 100 years ago

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Does anybody realize this shyt's not getting straightened out overnight yet? Sooner or later a general consensus that weed is a non-issue, at least from a medical and drug abuse standpoint, will be realized. I'd say we are in probably about a 10 year adjustment period. In the meantime, a bunch of greedy cocksuckers will continue sparring over how much they can monetize it, regardless of their opinion on it's actual value as a therapeutic agent. All they want is the money - and that goes for the government, the pharma companies and every other SOB that thinks they might have a financial stake in it.

They need to fuck it up real good first - like they did 100 years ago - so the truth can finally be laid bare.

• Like Like x 5
  4. These neo-conservative dirtbags in the Contra-Cannabis industry, be it government tax grabbers, avaricious industrialists or evangelical imbeciles will continue making life miserable for everybody else. All we can do is vote. Even that is starting to get pretty sketchy these days.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I really don't think you can really take down the black market. I mean, let's be honest, was it ever about getting rid of the black market? To me at least, it was " Ok folks, it is time for us to get our cut in all of this money".

6. "Its time to get our own cut" sums it

• Like Like x 1
  7. #8 dabs710, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    The black market would (pretty much)disap under a fair licensing system that makes it easy and practical to get into the market. All gray / black market growers I've talked to made efforts this year to get licensed, but were greatly disappointed by California slamming business into the dirt.

They made it harder to get legal, but way easy penalties if you get caught growing and selling illegally. How does that make any sense? I don't mind them erasing penalties for any cannabis grower, seller, or user, but don't make it Battle Royale to get a damn license where the other side of the game says pay no taxes, and just pay a fine and no jail if caught.

The localities know they can charge an arm and leg cause they have no limit to how much they can ask for a license, leading to corruption.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hell we have all kinds of illegal med stores here in the palm springs area. The local news has done a big segment last few weeks. They called Po po, da and no one had an answer lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

9. 2 weeks of this on the news and they are still open lol[​IMG][​IMG]

10. What is happening in Cali is that we all have either had plugs or grew our own. So let's see they have exiled the emerald triangle growers out of the market. I know a lot of vendors that cant nove their weed but on black market. So cali fucked it up. We have so many regs from testing to packaging. 30% tax also. So Cali u should have been thinking about tourist figures. Not residents. Who wants to go into a used car dealer format and let them do to what the plugs would do. Oh this strain is better so its more$$$

• Like Like x 1
  11. Just don't buy from them, I can see a lot of people aren't. All you gotta do : grow it yourself, buy from friends, sell to places catering to Prop 215.

They are clearly upset. Keep not buying make them go crazy.

Why would I give these motherfuckers a dime in these absurd taxes when they are still arresting people for weed and just letting rich people sell it? They can go fuck themselves. Anyone can grow this shit with 16+ sq ft of space (to the extent of whatever quality).

As Patrick Henry said "No taxation without representation". We did okay when it was a straight felony with no defense, are we not okay now?

• Like Like x 4
  12. Weeds being taxed now so they don’t want any competition ppl in prison is a good thing for the state federal funding big government creates a job for a guard etc

13. I feel the same way

• Like Like x 1
  14. The stupidity of politicians always amazes me. Black markets always exist when gov't becomes too intrusive.