Black Magic

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jakeandbake, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Im going to start by saying this is my first post on GC. I have been reading like mad for the past six months or so and am finally getting involved.

So Ive been smoking for some time and have a buddy that always has some bomb shit. He comes over one day and takes me out for a smoke. He pulled out a black, sticky, earthy bud. He called it black magic. I dont know if Ive ever smoked anything nearly like it.

It had a deep earthy taste that hasnt been matched, and the high was meditative and uplifting. I was floating to say the least.

The big reason for this post is the day he came over with only one bowl left, he gave me a seed that he found in it.
    I dont expect anyone to believe me because most people havent heard much about this strain and those that have will think Im lying about getting my hands on it.

The seed itself is a little bit smaller than what i would hope for but looks viable either way(ive gotten sprouts from smaller). Im almost scared to plant it though. Maybe i will start my first grow journal on it?

Ill post some pics if this gets any attention.

and if you know anything else about this strain post it all because information on it is hard to find.

2. hi bud nice to have you on board:)
    never heard of that strain but never heard of a lot of strains :D
    dont be scared too plant it mate & look forward to your grow journel;)

all the best & happy growing:smoking:

M.

3. I heard of this strain before, in fact it may have been in a thread I started about a strain called Vietnamese Black.

Have you grown before?

Do you have your grow stuff to do this with?

Will you be using soil or hydro?

This could be interesting to follow, especially if you wind up with a female and need a way to make it procreate for future grows.

4. I have a a couple bubblers that im not using right now because of my living situation, but i have everything i need for it. and a hydro store within walking distance.

I prefer soil for the simplicity and cost.

I could go either way on this one, I will probably go with soil.

My main fear in growing it is that it WILL be a female and I dont have the room right now for a mother room(or at least dont want to break my ass making room). I dont want to start this if i cant keep it going. I would hate to harvest some killer and realize that was the last id ever see of it. And if it holds up to the legend, i want to keep that legend going.

5. maybe just hang onto that seed for now and wait until a time when your situation changes. Or if you have a friend that grows maybe he could take care of it for you. I looked around since reading your thread earlier and can't find anything called black magic.

You might be surprised to see someone post a message telling you where it can be found. That's what happened with the Vietnamese black. I didn't act fast enough on that Vietnamese black and now all that can be found is Willie Weed.

I think the rumor has it that Willie Nelson bought some of that weed once and liked it so much that he bought all they had and a bunch of seeds. That is supposed to be what was smoked on that party bus of his.

What is available now is Vietnamese Black X C99 (Willie Weed). That Vietnamese black still holds a long time place in my heart as probably the best weed I ever smoked and that was in 1969. It must have been something for it to still be remembered with such fond regard.

Hopefully you will find somewhere else that sells the seeds so you can go ahead and try growing that one.

6. Bumping this because I want to find legendary strains like Black Magic and Vietnamese Black