Black Magic

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 80085, Aug 16, 2017.

1. While true I'd point out there's a little more ease with soil. Coco and hydro require more precision.

First grow using cfls.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Soil requires precision too, they all have their benefits. As it is more meticulous in coco/ hydro. With soil a lot more ph problems occur, soils can be hit or miss. That's why I make my own.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. True, to each their own.

I look forward to making the switch to hydro next fall, can't wait to see what I can do in hydro.

First to third grow. From beginner to novice lol.

4. Haha I'm ganna start a small hydro bucket myself. Just 1 to see if im competent enough to do it. Lmao. But i have so much cooked soil gatta use it all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Don't worry M9 I'll teach ya a thing or 2 hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have been lucky in soil, never had any significant ph problems. I've stopped checking because it was just a waste of time. I've always been under the impression that soil kinda acts like a buffer for ph though too. Idk

First to third grow. From beginner to novice lol.

7. Okay ill go ahead and try this out see where it takes me.

8. Lmao the teacher become the student.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Well if you're using nutes it usually doesn't need it. They're kinda adjusted so they don't need ph adjustment. With no till if the mix isn't right... problems occur

I don't ph either lmao not anymore

10. I have that black magic coco in two of my hempy buckets it's fine

• Like Like x 2
  11. Currently growing my plants in black magic, its worked out pretty good so far and no problems with my plants so far either so imo you COULD give it a try.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. I've seen some hate against the Black Magic product line, not here...Facebook groups, but I'm doing pretty damn well I think. This is my first indoor ever, before this I grew a single plant outside and didn't totally know what I was doing. Black Magic coco (unmodified, though I was told to add more vermiculite to it), Black Magic 2 part nutes and bloom nutes. I used half strength (1/2 TSP each per gallon) 2 part nutes until the plants were a decent size. I saw that the plants were doing good and bumped it to 1 TSP per gallon. Started maybe 1/3-1/2 strength Bloom nutes maybe 2 weeks before flipping to 12/12. Now a week and a half into 12/12. 1 TSP per gallon each of the 2 part and 3 TSP bloom per 5 gallon water.
    No issues to report yet. Give hydro a chance. I'm a satisfied customer...haha. I love it. 0816171955[1].jpg

• Like Like x 3