Black lights

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by keepsmokin, Apr 29, 2002.

1. thanks for the help, i guess i will wait and get some better lights...but will my colored lighting help at all? also, is an ozone generator really necessary or can i just burn some incense? no one will be around the plants at all so...

2. Don't be ghetto man.. either figure out a way to get decent lights or risk an outdoor grow. Otherwise your just gonna put alot of work into something that will most likely die or just not be worth your time (Ive been there, trust me). Scrap the colored lights, they're probably incadesent(sp?) so worthless in terms of lumen output. Absolutely NO GREEN LIGHT, plants are green because they reflect green, not absorb it; they will literally starve on green light. You can get cheap ass HID's at ebay, I saw a 400w MH with ballast and reflector already assembled go for $53 the other day(some asshole outbid me by a dollar).

Look, I'm still a kid(20) and I remember when I lived at home and didn't have shit money either. So be a man, and tell your mom you need her credit card for more SDRAM, and then go wild at ebay and heaven's stairway.

3. ask my mom for her credit card? yea right, my parents are dirt poor and dont have credit cards or anything. ill just wait until i get hired somewhere and then ill get some good lights. the colored ones are incandescent, so they wouldnt help at all? and a floro black light would be bad or good?

4. Nope and nope.. well the value of black light is still up for discussion, but in terms of growing, nope. Wait until you get an HID. Since Im assuming your going soil for your first grow, make sure you don't make the common newbie mistakes.

1) 1 pot per plant, I can't believe when someone will throw $100 plus dollars worth of seeds and then throw them all in a small pot

2) Small pots, don't fuck withem. You can start a seedling out a small pot or cup, but your going to have to transplantem. Make sure you get a 3-5 gallon container, per plant, that will cover u from start to finish. Actually you should just get like 5 gal buckets, those work pretty well

Thats about it, just don't overfert, and use common sence.

5. IMO go with flouros...they're cheap and will get you on your feet...at least til you get enough money for an HID. I got two of my fixtures from my friend's apartment building and bought one from Home Depot.

As far as incandescents and halogens go, they will not work...they don't provide the necessary spectrum for mj. I learned this lesson with some GE Gro n Sho bulbs.

6. actually, since i already started some seeds (although germination is still questionable) im gonna transplant them to the out of doors i found a GREAT spot in the middle of nowhere but is still close enough to be visited often. i can wait until winter to grow indo
    thanks