Black Light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by McrazyJ, Mar 19, 2013.

1. So i was doing some research on my bulbs and none of them seem to be over 5000k I have a 400w MH a few cfls both soft white and cool white and a couple of horizontal fluorescent bulbs and a couple of little 25w halogen tracklights to stimulate a little stretching cuz my plants are really squat...so im introducing a black light to my lighting becasue apparently you use the figure 2897768 which some science and mathematics geeks came up with at the latest nerd convention (no serously there was a convention) to devide either NM or K to convert one to the other now in NM thats nanometers you need to be at 525nm to be in the blue light and out of the green which we all know plants cant use and you need to take that 2897768/5500k to get in to that 526nm range of blue Now then i know everyone says that black lights are no good for ganja but by my calculations 350nm is the lowest people can see in purple or black light which equates to only 8279K and the light of day can be well over 10000k therefore i am adding a black light to my lighting I am still in veg for a few more days and i know i can go buy a couple of cfls that are bright daylight that give something like 6000K but my black light sould hit the 6500k or 445nm mark as well as up to 8279k or 350nm it may even get the top of the blue spectrum down to 6000k so.....thats that any input is appreciated

http://www.giangrandi.ch/optics/spectrum/visible-a.jpg heres a link to a spectrum
    http://images.digitalmedianet.com/20...0/story/02.jpg and a K spectrum
    Last edited by McrazyJ; Today at 01:03 AM.

2. I'm really old and am on my 144th grow, and in the early days T8 lights were the norm, one would veg under cool white 6500k and bud under 2700k, for the last 2 weeks or so of bud, some growers would also include a UV light (a&b) claiming that this would swell or improve the tric's (this is correct) however at considerable cost to the growers health, many have had moles and stuff cut out by doctors years later, many are just plain dead.
    Later some guy showed up with a parking lot light, (HPS) and changed the whole grow scene, uv was abandoned, as the trics looked great

The choice is yours ...just remember not many growers will reach the finish happily ..

UV damages peoples eyes,.....don't fuck with it!

"V"