black light=flourescent???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Justin380, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Ive heard that you cant use regular lights to grow but i have a black light in my basement. would this work to use to grow mj?

2. a black light is not going to work get an hps if u dont have the money get a whole bunch of compact florecent lights there cheep but there not going to give u nice budds if u want some good bud then get hps

3. go with the hps... the investment is well worth it even it's lwo wattage...... just dont try to grow too many plants under one light... The blacklight will do nothign for your plants....

And make sure your basement isn;t too cool...... if your underground in the north.... know peopel that haev had alot of males show in a cold basement....

4. When you start 12/12 go 12 off 10 on HPS and 2 on Blacklight. The blacklight will induce crystal growth.. peace

5. is that true that the blacklight will induce more crystal growht...???

6. No, it's just a theory and has yet to be proven....it's said that the plant secretes more resin to protect itself from the UVA and UVB rays...but I think lowering the humidity to around 40 works just as well. We've all got our own ways of doing things when it comes to our own individual grows.

7. I agree to go HPS if you can afford it. Every once in a while I see a used set up for about $70. The average set up for a new one can run anywhere from $150-$350 and even higher. I grow with all flourescent and just yielded 3 1/2 ounces of some very potent and sticky Haze#4. My lighting set up cost me about $55. Shit, my whole set up cost less than $100!! Remember when it comes to lighting you want as many LUMENS as you can possibly get without damaging the plant!!!