Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Black leaves on buds?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by indre, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Hi guys,

Wanted to run a question by y'all. I've got some buds right now that look fine; they're quite nice actually. Some of the tiny leaves on the outside of the bud are really dark, though; super dark purple, borderline black. It doesn't appear to be something ON the buds; more like the tiny leaves themselves are very dark.

Thoughts? I've heard of "nug rot" in the past and this is freaking me out. Should I be concerned about this?

2. Dark like this ?

[​IMG]

3. tough to tell from the pic. kinda like if those big leaves were 100x smaller and part of the bud itself.

4. the buds themselves are very green for the most part; there are just sections of them that feature these blackish leaves...

5. anyone?

6. Maybe it is just some purple strain?

7. Idk found one on my bud earlier

8. so i'm assuming this is nothing to worry about...?

9. Pictures man, it's the same with any thread. How do you expect help when dealing with your bud when we don't even know what it looks like.

In any case, its most likely some purple, it looks really dark in some strains. PICS.

10. what's a non-sketchy way to post pics? i'm new to this...

11. It could very well be mold but it would be impossible to tell without pictures (I've never actually had black mold on my bud before). If you have a black light, shine it on the bud. If the spots glow yellow or green, it's mold.

Edit - Upload them and post them. Nothing to be worried about.

12. How do i do this to my plants... those colors are magical.

13. the center of the bud, as well as the tips of the leaves on the top right. it's really more like a very dark green color than purple or black. it's not straight-up black at all really.[​IMG]

14. i should note that i am a huge hypocondriac. i also smoked some earlier today and didn't have any ill effects.

15. Looks like either a dark spot on the bud or some purp in there. Nothing to worry about from this point of view!

16. comforting!

17. Laced with heroin, you are now addicted!