Black Leaf? Quality glass?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by KobeBryant, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Looking on EDIT at some of Black Leaf's tubes and I must say, I'm impressed with they way they look for the price. Does anyone own one or have any experience with their quality? Ashcatchers, ice, percs, and some nice art, questionably too good to be true.

2. never used one but i cant see them being too good

3. I'm refering to this one. It seems legit in all areas. Only thing I could think of is it having a carb hole.[​IMG]

on that note, why the hell do companies put carbs on bongs? It's such an undesirable trait.

4. that bong is gunna have a lot of drag

5. Why do you say that? It's only got a 3-arm tree and the tube is standard in size.

6. Because the tube looks pretty long and it is a beaker bottom.

7. nothing to do with height. its got a shitty import china tree. the tree is gonna as alotttt of drag. and probably break very soon. i wouldnt reccomend it.

8. That's understandable. I dunno why, but I prefer beakers. I think it's just what I'm used to. Flat bases look bad to me. It's just under two feet tall so it's not too too big, but I've hit a number of bongs with the same specs and didn't have a problem.

Come to think of it, I've only hit beakers.. I don't know a single person with a straight tube. Never realized that. Are they really that much better? There is nearly the same bong with a dome perc and straight tube for the same price, so that's an option.

9. ive got nothing against beakers. i own a few myself. i dont think they add that much drag. it just takes more smoke to fill them and they take more water. but domes suck. few companies can pull off a dome perc without rediculous drag.

10. How is it you know it has a cheap Chinese perc? I also have never hit anything with china tree percs, so I can't really compare to any of the tubes I've used personally.

11. Black Leaf is cheap china quality glass, I would know, I have a travel Black Leaf bong. I only use it when I am going places or am with more than 2-3 people. The glass is really thin, I can promise you that is a china tree, and if that was my only bong, I would not be happy with it. As a travel bong it is good, but if it is going to be your main bong, get something nicer. Toro for home, Black Leaf on the move.

12. That's all I need. Appreciate it man. I'm thinking I'm just gonna have to take the long haul to the headshop for this purchase. There's a lot of garbage online that looks pretty.

13. China glass is fine and serves its purpose, just please for the love of god don't buy a china tube with a perc.

14. if you treat it good and dont bump it around and shit wouldnt it smoke just like if it was made out of quality glass? and how would a perc break from normal use? would the water break it or something? i was thinking about getting a black leaf because they are so cheap so i could buy a few incase they do shatter from being such a horrible shitty bong?

15. It doesn't seem like the problem with their percolators is breaking but rather that they defeat their function. Instead of giving you a bigger, cooler hit you get more air. I'm just going to throw down on a LW and wait another week or two.

16. ^^^^ this is true

17. how would you get more air? once you put your face to the bong and light the bowl there is only the air inside the bong. so if it was a quality perc it would have the same amount of air inside the bong. then you just pull in smoke so its like the same thing...

18. With Black Leaf water alone can break them. I have seen a bong break right in half just from the weight of the water when being filled. They hit well, I loved my bong but the thing just snapped right in half! Seriously it was the weirdest thing I have experienced with a bong.

19. The exact same thing happened with mine dude lol

Was getting ready for a sesh, filling it with water and the glass just came down.  Terrible feeling since mine was the best I had up until that point haha

20. I'm a professional artist that actually tours the country and plays music. I meet a lot of stoners and all I gotta say is I am always gonna throw it out there how much their honeycomb pieces are shit and how they should be avoided as a brand altogether. Word gets around. Look at how much everyone disses on Cheech now. I used to consider buying them but now never will, and though I thought Black Leaf was cool back in the day I now think they are one of the shittiest companies out there. I have some other cheap China shit that way outlasted that thing. I used it for about 3 weeks til it just broke.