Black Leaf Mini Nautilus review

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by RevJacq, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Hey guys

So I just got my mini nautilus and decided to do a review
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR0Hzr2C6Ck&context=C393d8cdADOEgsToPDskJsjqErDi4w1xfFH-S5orQF"]The Conservatory - Black Leaf Mini Nautilus review - YouTube[/ame]

It features a removable 3 arm diffuser that sits at a ground 29.2
    Bowl joint is 18.8
    23.5 cm (9.25 in) tall
    Dome percolator
    Ice notches

All in all, this is quite a smooth, sturdy little piece
    Could do with an inline diffuser like it's older brother but apart from that it's pretty damn good
    And obviously if you're a hard toker, splash back is inevitable
    But for funationality and portability, I'd rate this a good 7.5/10

Any feedback will be much appreciated

[​IMG]

2. wow you have a neckbeard and a justin bieber haircut.

props dude.

3. Can not stop staring at neck beard!

4. haha who cares what this dude looks like. the bong looks pretty damn good.

5. There was bong? :devious: ;) :D :p

6. @ shitloaf - cheers man, I aim to be cooler than justin bieber will ever be
    @ madmike420 - I've got to prove I've started puberty see, so that's the most permitable beard work will allow me to have
    @ billyywtf - cheers man, it's a wicked fun little piece

Just milked it good and it's still really smooth
    Like really really smooth

7. dude it looks like the inline diffuser should be flipped around, why would it diffuse on the opposite side the smokes coming in?

8. What?

9. it's not an inline bong... it's basically a sideways downstem.
    these things are weird, I wouldn't buy one.

10. I would have saved and opted for quality glass man. That's just what I would have done :rolleyes: :bongin:

11. Everyone to their own man :)
    I'm personally a fan and I also think I've cracked how the diffuser works as well
    Made it even smoother now

Gonna make my ashcatcher a bubbler soon so I'll also compare the two in the same video
    Keep an eye out, it should be Saturday

12. Yeah ya gotta keep those Nautis flat on a table for best results for sure. I've got a layback Nautilus with a diffucooler and the thing is just sick. It looks pretty cool...kinda jealous...if they made a larger volume one , I'd be really jealous. Grab an ashcatcher/2nd diffuser and watch that thing get creepy smooth!

Rokin,
    You really do hate. Be positive once in a while. Do you just cut and paste at this point? Haha! j/k

13. @ Rokintreasr - Quality glass is coming soon ;)
    @ Parviocula - I've tried an ashcatcher on it, so unnessecary lol

I now have my J adaptor, so expect a video on that too
    I'm gonna compare this bong and my black leaf inline/tree perc precooler as a bubbler

14. What sort of glass you got in your collection?

15. I don't think a sideways 3-arm downstem to a dome perc would be "really really smooth." They really kinda fucked up by replacing the inline. The 3 arm thing looks like trash. But im sure its an upgrade from some other China tube that only has one chamber of filtration.

I personally wouldn't buy it, but to each their own.

16. nice vid.. everything you type I read in a British accent in my head. It's great.

17. @ Instablaze - The 3 arm is awkward, I still believe there should be an inline in there
    While it's draggy, it's smooth, I won't for a second rethink that
    It's all about takin it out about and for that it's damn good

@ nucan - It's all good man :)

18. For $66 bucks it looks pretty cool. Just wondering, would it work better if you tilt it?

19. My problem with it is the same problem I have with any horizontal perc like that. If you watch the smoke comes out of the end of the top tree arm and barely goes through the water. If they had made this a 2 tree without the top one so that both of them could be under water it would be much much better. I would rather see a single stem with slits all along the bottom of it but that was closed on the end.

20. I personally think it is a poor design. Tree percs need to be vertical, as well as dome percs. There is not a possible way to achieve full function in the piece. Just my .02