Black Jack seedlings help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Blaze2sweet, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Pointswest, thanks for the advice. I did transplant these older seedling a couple of days ago. I did notice when I got the root ball out, I didn't like the consistency of the coir. The root mass did look primo though, nice and white. The next thing I did was give the new batch of coir a flush with ro water and then flushed one last time with ph 5.5. I then mixed 25% petite to the coir but did not add any soil or other admendments to it. So far they have pretty much thrived. I also have been adding 280 ppms of the complete hydroponics fertilizer line of nutes. They actually look really good since I've been feeding them. I'll post pics up as soon as I get home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You should see a definite improvement now with the drainage added. You can mix peat with the coir or just use the coir and use the ferts as directed by manufacturer. If not adding peat you will have to provide a cal mag addition to the media.

PW

3. so youre saying if i dont use peat ill need some sort of cal/mag supplement to the medium? The ferts are supposiably made for coco, but okay, thanks. I have seen an improvement this week. I'll post pics in a few hours.

4. #25 pointswest, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
    Coco does not contain calcium or magnesium. If your fert is tailored for coco it should be accounted for in the fertilizer, just follow directions for coir media. If you mix peat with the coir, you have to add a liming agent to balance the pH, so this would provide the calcium and magnesium needed.

PW

5. ....

Attached Files:

6. Would my karma reflector hurry up and get here, ugh. I'm dying to throw these ladies under the 1000w mh. The 250w mh has been good to but things need to start speeding up a bit, lol.

Attached Files: