Black Holes

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by windchime159, Oct 18, 2010.

1. somone lay it down for me

laymens terms please

2. I don't know too much but when a large object is crushed eventually (if crushed enough) gravity takes over and crushes this object even further, as an example the earth must be crushed to a size of a golf ball before gravity takes over and crushes it further.

A dying star much much bigger than our sun dies and begins falling in on itself, eventually gravity takes over and it gets crushed even further creating a blackhole.

Someone can probably describe it better than me so go ahead and correct me :D

3. okay.... how?

4. When a star dies it collapses into itself, forgot most of it but I'll try to explain more.

Gravity takes over and crushes everything into a tiny ball, the gravity is so strong that it even pulls in light, which is why it's called a black hole.

I could go into more detail but it get confusing for me even. :p

5. black holes are too complicated for me, but i do know of one known as cami fords vagina, any dick near it has been crushed

6. Also, we have no real proof of black holes actually existing. What we see (or don't see) is a black spot which blocks out stars and shit.

7. Ok, im not 100% on this. In the centre of the dying star heavy elements are formed like Carbon, gold, lead. With all this weight in the middle the mass around it compresses down on the core, if the star is big enough it will compress until gravity takes over.

Correct me if i am wrong :eek:

8. I just read up a bit on this,
    it's some crazy shit. Time is a huge factor when thinking about them too,
    if you google BLACK HOLES IN LAYMANS TERMS and read the yahoo answers one, the best answer goes into some maddddddd depth. I recommend smoking a bowl and watching a Stephen Hawking show on black holes.

here's the link to yahoo answers for those that hate videos and like to read

Black Holes and Shit

9. massive stars are (for the purpose of answering your question) affected by two opposing forces. there is obviously the force of gravity, with all of the star's mass being compressed towards the core. there is also the force created by the ridiculous amount of energy being created by the nuclear fusion. another way of explaining the second force is by thinking about the star as what it really is, a massive nuclear bomb, continuously detonating until it essentially runs out of fuel, or gas. when this happens, there is no force to oppose the massive gravity of the star, and it collapses on itself. this creates an incredibly dense and relatively small object, thus, a black hole is born

10. A black hole is a cingular mass the has been compressed to the point that the gravity wake from it will not allow light, matter, nor time(in theory) to escape.Other than that, you have to be more spasific.

11. This, but sort out the spelling man, gives you less credibility!

12. The barney level:

Two "people" are pushing against each other on opposite sides of a wall, one person stops and gets out of the way. The other person is pushing so hard that the wall gets smashed down into a point smaller than the period at the end of this sentence.

The two people are the forces of gravity (the last guy still pushing) and nuclear fusion (the guy that gets out of the way).

13. in laymens terms, its a collapsed star that has an infinite amount of mass and density. Once something passes over the event horizon, it cant escape the gravity and gets pulled in. When something is pulled in, its ripped and broken down to an atomic level

14. I disagree, I think that spelling is arbitrary to the truth, and that the restrictions on language prohibit us from expressing our creativity without being ridiculed.

15. Black holes are thought to be formed when a star runs runs out of fuel and starts to

collapse in on itself. Throughout the lifetime of this star it has produced massive solid

byproducts that are now squished together by the immense pressure, until the entire

mass of the star is condensed in size anywhere from .1mm to .1 AU. The Fg =

Gm1m2/r^2. basically mass / radius, and the mass of the sun has stayed the same

while the radius has been reduced drastically. The resulting gavity produced by the

object is now strong enough that light can't move fast enough to escape it.

16. Sorry, there IS proof of the existence of black holes. Google to find the details.

17. No $%#@ way. Spelling IS important: it shows 1) the author has some level of intelligence/education which in turn gives credibility to what he/she is saying and 2) misspelled words can be misconstrued - misunderstood for those without a thesaurus :D

What exactly do you mean when you say 'restrictions on language' ?

My apologies to the original poster of this thread for hacking.

18. There most certainly is proof.

But anyway:

[​IMG]

Some blackholes shoot out material that build new galaxies. They're like really mean recycling bins. So they do serve a purpose besides raping everything lol

19. They've recently proposed to put together a satelite to try and look for black holes which could be built by 2020 and would cost only like $20-30 million. It'll be looking for the outline of the blackholes, as defined by the quasars, swirling hot gas, that encircle them.

20. nice guys , good hustle good hustle :smoke::smoke:\

so now.... whats inside of the black holes?