Black hairs and baking soda

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Grow_Standard, Mar 8, 2010.

1. I started getting "powdery mildew" on 3 different plants 1 Sensi Star - 1 Lemon Skunk - 1 Master Sativa brought in by blueberry clone i got from friend. It only got to some fan leaves and i sprayed plants down with a mix of 1 1/2tbs Baking Soda~ 2tbs 3%H2O2~ a drip of dawn to 1qt water. Gave 2 treatments 4 days apart. Plants are about 1 month into flowering and some hairs on all of them have turned black- but not all the hairs alot are still white some are changing to brown as usual, but some are black ~ and most are brown one side with black on the other. PH@6.4 Humid@50% temp 75F -organic soil-
    Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas

2. I'd say toss em bro I mean you already had mildew / mold then on top of that u sprayed the plant which will cause mold etc in of itself, sorry to say, maybe I'm wrong here, but if you smoke mold you could get very ill, do you like all my commas, do you?

3. if there isnt much mildew on the actual buds (or close to them)), i would say to just finish it out since you are already this far....unless you are running a lot of power and it wouldnt be worth it. I use a foliar spray (mixture of sm-90, neem oil and penetrator) and it turned some of my pistils brown and im only 3 weeks in. I only have a few brown pistils though. Idk how bad your problem is, post pix.

4. Thanks for the replys ~ Its not that bad it is just on lower fan leaves there is none on any of the buds. Just after i sprayed them some hairs turned black. The buds/plants look healthy other wise anyways i will try to get some pics up tonight when the light go off.