Black Friday Death Count

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by kush70, Nov 30, 2013.

1. #1 kush70, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2013
  2. That's actually really interesting. Sad, but interesting nonetheless.

[​IMG]  

This country is so fucked.

"The average age of the world's great civilizations has  been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following  sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance  to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back to bondage." -- Alexander Tyler

IMO, I would say we are at "apathy to dependency."

4. gotta get the dills. 

5. Surprised there aren't more, honestly.

I was only half joking at work today when I hoped that we didn't get called to Wal-Mart for somebody shot/stabbed/beaten/trampled over the Black Friday horse shit.

You're a medic or something, right? :confused:

7. Is black friday like boxing day??? I'm not a US guy, so yeah

8. I shopped for a few hours last night and it wasn't bad at all, but some places are much worse than others

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

No, more like a bar brawl, haha.

Here's a great example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_adgG8Ba2Q

10. Hahaha, you US people have it funny over there..... but at least we try and not to kill each other down under

We're witnessing the slow death of a civilization. People here have too much disposable income and too much free time on their hands.

12. #12 CMGarcia55, Nov 30, 2013

It's the opposite of that. People go to these sales to save money for a reason.

People go to save money on items that they don't even need..pretty sure that's what he meant. People in third world countries have no interest in saving 20% on electronics, most are only interested in not starving.

14. #14 MooseyPoo, Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
    Exactly. A penny saved is a penny earned, I can understand why people may act this way if they're a bit tight on money, or just really want to save cash. Unfortunate though :(

@IFourTwenty Valid point, most of the stuff people buy during these sales is pretty much crap, but if someone believes they "need" a larger T.V, well, then they need a larger T.V. Also, nice avatar. Trailer Park Boys is great ^_^

15. Define need. Do we "need" to smoke non-medical pot? No but we like to. They can't afford that shit.

I love my PS4 man. I love my computer that connects me to you guys.

I don't understand Black Friday cause I get good deals online for the stuff i like but whatever people will be dumb.

Exactly, thank you.

Third-worlders spend their time gathering food, finding potable water, finding and maintaining clothing and shelter. Not having to worry about any of that, Americans spend their time wasting money on non-essential junk.

17. #17 CMGarcia55, Nov 30, 2013

This is an overstatement too. Not every third world country is a piece of shit where everyone is starving or dying of hunger.

18. Lol...not even worth the trouble.

Need meaning necessary for your survival (food, water, shelter) - want meaning absolutely not necessary for your survival (such as weed, internet, TV)  As Americans, most of us don't even know what it feels like to be in serious need of something.

Starving and dying of hunger is the same thing