Black bear busts secret Utah pot farm

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Leapfrog, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Black bear busts secret Utah pot farm

PANGUITCH, Utah (AP) - One Utah community is cheering a special bear - but don't call him Smokey.

Investigators say a large black bear raided a clandestine marijuana growing operation so often that it chased the grower away.

"This bear is definitely law-enforcement minded," said Garfield County Sheriff Danny Perkins. "If I can find this bear I'm going to deputize him."

Deputies found food containers ripped apart and strewn everywhere, cans with bear teeth marks, claw marks and bear prints across the Garfield County camp on Tuesday.

Perkins said the operation on Boulder Mountain included 4,000 "starter" sacks of pot and 888 young plants.

"This particular bear apparently was not going to give up and basically chased these marijuana farmers away," Perkins said. "Our county is so tough on drugs that even the wildlife are getting in on the action."

2. cops are such dorks.

3. Makes you wonder if they actually believe what they say!

4. I seen that on the news today..kinda makes me sad. but atleast no one was arrested.

5. I wouldn't put it past em.... dumb shits

6. im normaly a live and let live kind of guy but if its this bear or 888 plants id go getmyself an elephant gun and night vision goggles and sit in a tree but i guess the bear kinda helped the guy because the cops found it all fucked up...and not all in one peice with some grower just chillin in it

7. haha i feel sorry for the growers, they prolly werent expecting a big ass bear to ruin their operation

8. excuse me unless it was a black bear then i would not climb the tree id get in a dog crate lol

9. beat me to it. what a tool! must take a real big man to rid a whole county of an herb:rolleyes:. lets go find that bear and chop him down man!!!:D

10. I hate this, I live between all of these grow sites. and I have never found one.

I live 2hrs north of the Apple valley bust, 7 sites.
    I live 2hrs fromt he panguitch grow site.
    i live 2 miles from the bust on cedar mntin :(

I wish i could find one before they bust it, so i can get some bud lol

11. Good luck, any grower I know would shoot you the second they saw you near there plot. Stealing some one elses hard work is fucked up.

12. I don't think he meant he was going to steal it...but then again I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt...

13. Wither over 100,000 plants at most of the grow sites found here, im sure 1 or 2 buds wouldnt dent the crop.
    :\

if I had a field in the middle of no where, Id so rather have some one take a bud or 2, or even 6 then go to the police or feds and turn the site in. right?

Just my point of view.

14. #14 Leapfrog, Sep 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2008

It's still wrong. A "little bit stealing" is still stealing. And if you would walk in to my grow I would make you famous!

Read HERE how. :wave:

15. If someone stole my grow... I would make their lives unbearable...

16. no one takes kindly to a bud stealer. :devious:

17. UnBEARable .... LOL, LOL

18. shouldnt this thread be in mj news?

19. I hate to say this... I mean I kind-of feel sorry for the grower and all the effort he might have or might not have put into his grow. But let this be a firm lesson to all who set up a grow in the great outdoors. DON'T SET UP A FUCKIN' CAMP WITH FOOD STORES!!!! Any moron with any knowledge of bears knows that it was only after food. If this idiot grower didn't have a camp set up with food and everything else the bear would probably have just moved through the area and not disturbed and "EXPOSED" the grow area with tons of trash!!! Trash, i.e. fert bottles, beer cans, soil bags, cigarette packs, etc, etc, etc, are sure fire ways to make a grow site more detectable especially from the air!!!!! You live and you learn, moron!!!

20. I was suprised when I read this post, that the Cops where able to count that high (888). Then it dawned on me! They used doughnut math.The highest Barney Fife had to count too was 12.
    12x72=888 :rolleyes: