black and white.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Voice01, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Is anything ever completely neutral? Things for the most part can be seen as either good or bad, black or white. I mean yeah there is the shade of grey but is that just the mind protecting itself from that true answer. The mind makes a decision in less than a millisecond of being asked a question, but the lingering seconds to follow will battle the predetermined decision. And even so, that's still just your projection of what you'd want your so called “inbetween” to be.
    :eek:

2. infinity = the in between.

3. Black, White, Red, Blue, Green, Orange ect ect ect.

Everything should be seen as unique. Never this or that.

4. Nothing is ever black and white in this world, there is just too many ways to express yourself in are times.

5. "Black then white are all I see in my infancy
    Red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me
    Lets me see
    As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
    Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind"

It's actually the egoic mind that wants to see things as black and white, good and bad.

6. My question is, what makes black related to evil and white related to good

7. Because black people be rapin da white womens ya know?

8. I think it's just human nature to try and fit everything neatly into classifications. Whether those classifications work is an entirely another story.

9. #9 Kardredor, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2011
    Ego is of human nature, it's imprinted into how we think, so ego is the reason for those classifications. We nit pick at everything, and have devised all these illusions so that we can understand things, like logic. (I wish Lacan was here to go more in depth, that's his domain completely)

Duality; get rid of it. Or tame it. There simply is.

10. This goes back to society basically, and how we perceive these symbols. White embodies light or purity. Black is the absence of such, so dark and whatnot.

11. haha there's hardly anything in the universe which is "black n white" even things you thought you knew were concrete like the physics of gravity have been questioned and exceptionized repeatedly in the cosmos.