BKKG's First Grow!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by BKKG, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Day 8 and 1/2

More pictures today.

[​IMG]
    Here's a 3/4 view of Iggy. She's looking as plucky, full, and symmetrical as usual. Her leaves are looking a little bigger, but not by a whole lot.

[​IMG]
    Here's another side view. Despite mordgrow's reassurance, I'm still a little nervous, but since Iggy looks fine in general I'm satisfied for now.

[​IMG]
    Here's the big, exciting update for today. You can see Honey's leaves have gotten noticably larger since last night. I'm very proud of her wonderful growing abilities!

[​IMG]
    Another side view, but of Honey. Her leaves are looking a bit more even than Iggy's, but still very nice.

Not a whole lot to report, as we're just growing at the start for now. But still, the growth that they've shown is pretty exciting! What do you guys think of the growth they've shown so far, do they look healthy/unhealthy, big/small for their age? That's all for tonight...

2. Day 9

More steady growth today. A couple of Iggy's leaves are showing a bit of yellowing at the tip (I'll try to get some pictures worth looking at for this in the next day or two). But for now, here are the new pictures:

[​IMG]
    Here's Iggy from the top. Pretty good looking leaves still, and getting a bit taller, with better defined nodes between the existing leaves.

[​IMG]
    Here's a side view. Doesn't she look perky?

[​IMG]
    This is Honey from the top, looking just as lush as ever. Her leaves are becoming much bigger and better defined from each other, although they don't seem to be growing quite like Iggy's, and I don't know why...

[​IMG]
    And the latest pic of Honey from the side. She's looking quite nice too, although not quite as perky as Iggy.

That's it for today, but I'd love some feedback if anyone has any for me.

3. Oh and I forgot to mention: I'm going to build a second box soon (probably this weekend, if I can find the time). It'll serve two purposes: Eventually it'll be a chamber to house mothers, and for the time being I'll be using it to sprout my last three seeds. I'm not comfortable with my odds of getting a female with just the two plants I'm growing now, and I'd like to have some usable bud by the end of this grow cycle, rather than lose another month.

So I'll have some pictures of that when it's all been put together, and until then I'll keep on updating with pics of my plants!

4. Greetings BKKG. Sorry to hear about the first batch of seedlings, but your current ones look great so far! I'm about three days behind you, i'm growing 2 AK-47 Plants under CFLs. I'm definitely going to be taking a seat and watching this thread.

5. Thanks! Do you have a grow journal up? I'd love to see how your grow is going.

6. likin it!
    keep it updated

7. Day 11

More nice growth today.

[​IMG]
    Here's little Iggy from the top. You can see how bushy her leaves still are, and this picture gives a better view of her color than the others do.

[​IMG]
    And here she is from the side. I used a lighter in this picture to give a better idea of her height than trying to judge from the curve of the cup. But her stem is still looking nice and healthy, and it's thickening up a bit too.

[​IMG]
    And here's Honey from the top. She's looking nice, although she's splayed out a bit more than Iggy. I think that her leaves are larger, and a bit better (that is, darker) color than Iggy's though.

[​IMG]
    Here she is from the side. Not much to say that I didn't say above, which is just that her stem is looking nice, and her leaves are large and nicely colored. There's a lighter in this picture too, so that you can judge her height.

So that's today's update. With the lighter in the pictures, can anyone comment on the size of the plants? Do they look like a good height for their age, or are they too short still?

8. are you planning on doing lst or scrog?

9. I want to LST for this first harvest, but I want one of my plants to be a mother before I start experimenting too much with ScROG (I'm terrified of ruining my plants, and with clones it's not a disaster if I screw up). I know that it's probably time to start the LST, but I'm nervous and so I keep putting it off... what do you think?

10. There's no rush in my opinion. Your plants look good, but it's still early on, and they're small, and your plants are still in tiny cups. Even when they grow to twice the size of what they currently are at, the stem will still be easy to bend. Also, if you're going to transplant into larger containers soon, it's probably easier to wait until then.

:wave:

11. are you transfering them into 1 gal or 2 gal pots??

12. Day 15

Sorry there haven't been any updates for a while, school caught up with me and I didn't have any time to take pictures, or even really check the forums. But I'm finally back!

[​IMG]
    Little Iggy's gotten much bushier lately, with lots of new leaves sprouting up from the top center. There's a problem that you probably can't see from this picture, which is her two largest fan leaves (and I suspect all of the new leaves popping up from nodes below the main leaf growth). I don't know what I can do about that without adding side lighting, which I can't do at the moment. So I don't know what to do about them without LST, which I may or may not start as soon as I transfer to the new pots.

[​IMG]
    And here's the obligatory blurry side pic. You can see that she's a bit taller than she used to be, but she's not really shooting up from the ground.

[​IMG]
    This is Honey from the top. She's been growing very well lately, I'm very proud of her. Her leaves are big, bushy, and a dark waxy green color. Her lower leaves are having the same issue as Iggy's, but again, there's not really anything I can do about that right now. She's still doing great, and I'm still proud!

[​IMG]
    Of course, there's a blurry side pic for Honey too. You can see that she isn't super tall yet either, but I think that her leaf development makes up for that.

[​IMG]
    For Purp_Kush, I don't know exactly what size the pots are, because there was no label on them, so this picture's the best that I can do for you. I'm sorry, I know that this doesn't really tell you anything about the size, when I have more time I can throw in something with a reference size.

That's all for today, although I'd love some feedback on the discoloration of the lower leaves, and whether or not it's time to transplant into the big pots. Until next time, happy growing!

13. well its 1 gal for every 12 inches right? how tall did u want those plants to get?

14. As short as possible. I'd prefer them to not get taller than three feet, but since I'll be LSTing I think that that'll be pretty manageable.

15. Sorry for the long period without updates! I got caught in a flurry of exams and work, and didn't have time to update the journal.

Lots of new things today; I've finally transplanted my plants into larger, 2-qt. pots. I decided to do it now because a problem I was having with my plants was diagnosed as being rootbound, and so the plants needed more room.

[​IMG]
    Here's a picture of Iggy in her new pot, showing the size of the new pots against the plant sizes.

[​IMG]

Here's a closeup shot of Iggy's problems, which Iggy shares. You can see the two tips closest to the camera are yellowed, and even turning brown at the very end. One of the lower fan leaves in view below it has turned a sickly looking pale yellow color.

[​IMG]
    This is a picture of Iggy at about a 3/4 angle. You can see some of her leaf discolorations, as well as how her leaves are sagging. I hope that she recovers!

[​IMG]
    Here is a view of Honey from the top. She's still very bushy, and her leaves are looking somewhat better than Iggy's.

[​IMG]
    And here you can see the three quarters view of Honey. I think that she's looking better than Iggy overall at the moment.

I'm very nervous about the transplant, I know how risky it is for plants. I even saw Iggy's roots dangling as I transplanted her. I think that this is probably the most problematic part of my grow left, so I really hope that they make it. What do you guys think about how they're looking?

I'll try to update more frequently, so that you can follow the progress of my transplanted plants.

16. looks under nuted (nitrogen deficiency) or a ph problem.

17. Either a deficiency (nitrogen?) or maybe when you transplanted into new soil/pots, the nutrients in the new soil in combination with your added nutes gave it nute burn ? I know that happened with me a couple times.

18. I'll try to keep you updated with the transplant, just in case someone notices something going wrong that I haven't noticed (although I hope there's nothing like that to see!). In that spirit, here are some pics for today.

[​IMG]
    This is a three quarter view of Iggy. Her leaves are still discolored, and a bit droopy as well.

[​IMG]
    This is a side view, which shows you more clearly the droop that Iggy's leaves have developed.

[​IMG]
    This is Honey from the top. You can see that she also still has her leaves discolored.

[​IMG]
    This is Honey from the side. The angle's not too good, since I had a hard time getting my camera into the box, but you can hopefully use the edge of the pot as a reference. Her leaves seem to be drooping too, though not as badly as Iggy's.

I gave each plant a little water right after the transplant, to make sure that the new soil had some moisture in it. I hope that that's all that's causing the leaf droop, because that'll go away soon if that's the case. I know that it's not heat in my box, because it's been running between 70 and 80 degrees lately.

19. It could be either, I just ordered a pH test kit that will help me to see the pH situation, and it could easily be under nuted, as I haven't fed it any nutes at all yet. I don't know about the timing for the appearance of the yellowing, since the plants looked good beforehand, but I read somewhere that you don't want to feed a plant for 5-7 days after a transplant, so I'll probably wait that long unless I hear otherwise here.

I doubt that it's nute burn, since I haven't added any nutes. And the soil I transplanted into is the same as the soil the plants have been growing in all along, so it doesn't have a different nutrient load. But clearly something's wrong, so I'll listen to all suggestions, in case I missed something!

I'll keep you all posted of the plants' progress.

20. The plants are looking worse again today. But don't just take my word for it...

[​IMG]
    Here's Iggy from the familiar three quarter view. You can see that the browning of the tips of some leaves has gotten worse.

[​IMG]
    Iggy from the side. The drooping of the leaves has become more pronounced.

[​IMG]
    Honey from the top again. Her leaves are as bushy as ever from this view, but the yellowing has spread, and there is some browning at the tips of her leaves too.

[​IMG]
    And finally Honey from the side. Her leaves are now clearly drooping as well.

So that's the update for today. I can't tell if the plants are behaving this way just because of shock from the transplant, or for some other reason. I'm getting some pH testing equipment, but there's no telling exactly how soon it'll arrive. I still don't know if it's too soon to feed the plants or not, but I'm erring on the side of caution and not feeding just yet, unless someone tells me otherwise.

I really want my plants to make it, but they're obviously not flourishing right now. Sad times.