bkadoctaj's first DXM

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by bkadoctaj, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Yeah, so I heard about DXM tripping a long time ago, but I really never had an interest strong enough for me to actually try it. But today I just decided I might try it out and see what happens.

I know people say 300 mg is a good starting amount, and I'm a pretty light person (135 lbs), but I'm still going to under-dose just to get a feel for the stuff. I'm going with 15 15-mg Robitussin CoughGels (that is, 225 mg) this time.

I really don't need to hear how I should have gone with more my first time, because I've already made up my mind based on my research. If I have any interesting thoughts I'll share them in this thread.

Hope everyone's having a fine day; it's grey and cloudy today in San Diego. :)
    :wave:

2. I drank a bottle the time i tried it... That was around 300. It was amazing... but really heavy, and I'm 170 lbs....

I think you did good... and you can always take more later......

Have fun

3. have fun

SD FTMFW!

:smoking:

4. Chronic Vista... that's classic... hahahaha

Yeah, this time I'm going to stick with just 225 mg. I'm sure I'll get a feel for it.

5. thats probly good for your first time since your only 135. have a good time, good vibes brotha.

6. Hey are you local? 760 is like Oceanside and Escondido, I think.

7. You didn't take enough. J/k Good luck with it. The side effects have gotten worse for me every time I've taken it so this might be your most enjoyable time with DXM.

8. #8 Diceman, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
    yea start out small. At 160lbs I got good effects from 250ish. 300+ was too much a couple times.

It's like climbing inside a barrel and rolling down a hill. Once it starts it doesn't stop..you may feel sick..and afterwards you won't know what the fuck just happened.

After about 7ish trips I was done. I also can't drink cough syrup now. Just the smell makes my gag reflex kick in

9. Yeah, I don't blame you. I wasn't even going to go there to begin with haha...

10. Nah, im up in the valley, Coachella, cathedral city to be exact, love SD though.

11. lol aw come on you don't want a nice tall glass of thick grape syrup? Nah I don't blame ya

Those little gel pills are definetely the way to go smart choice :smoking:

12. Dude, im with ya there, i robo-tripped so many times, just the thought of that cherry syrup, makes me cringe.

13. A friend suggested smoking during the "trip". So when would be a good time supposing I dosed around 1:35 PM (25 minutes ago)?

14. #14 Gloom, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
    I used 400 mg my first time (And only time, yet), had intense robo itch, vomited, and had some very interesting perceptions while listening to dark ambient/drone. (Not a bad trip by any means, but not the most pleasent either)

Next time I am using an extract. :p

(Don't know how useful this post is to you though)

Edit:

Smoking made it stronger, more disorienting, and got rid of the pre-trip anxiety for me. I'd say cannabis will diminish how much you can gain from the trip, but I probably wouldn't have been able to swallow the liquid without it.

If you do decide to smoke, I suggest smoking till you feel good and then dose the moment you feel ready. (Though, gelcaps probably will take a while to kick in)

15. That's a good dose for your weight imo. But since I'm 235 lbs. 225 mg of DXM wouldn't do jack for me. I did 240 mg the first time in the form of 8 Coricidin Cough+Cold tablets(my favorite formulation, though multi-ingredient). Now I always take 16 or more CCC's which is 480 mg = a decent trip. I trip on DXM once every 1-3 months. Never more than once in a 2-3 week period. Be safe. Be smart. Know your substance. Know your body.

16. OH YES! Smoking weed is imperative! It makes you trip that much harder, makes it more psychedelic. Also smoking cigarettes is extremely fun whilst tripping and for me it makes me trip harder too. :hello:

17. if ive got the herb, i smoke about 20 mins into ingesting, then throughout the trip, and when im coming down.

18. Okay, well, I'll probably hit some herb then pretty shortly. Still don't feel anything but a subtle warmth throughout my body, but I started feeling that when I took them.

Yeah, weed makes acid super intense. Is it kind of the same way with DXM or does it bring down some of the DXM's notable effects?

19. it makes the trip way harder

:smoking:

20. Okay, now I cannot deny that there are some effects. Very intriguing. It's sort of like non-spiritual Salvia in slow, dream mode...