bkadoctaj's Daily Tao

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by bkadoctaj, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Daily Tao is back?!

:( nope, I guess not.

2. #102 bkadoctaj, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2009
    Zhuangzi 6

3. Zhuangzi 24

4. #104 bkadoctaj, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
    Zhuangzi 13

5. [​IMG]
    The Wise are guided by their belly rather than their eyes.
    -Lao Tzu

[​IMG]
    Be the leader, not the Lord.
    This is the Way of Virtue (Te).

6. This is something else... Thank you bkadoctaj- I will definitely be taking time out from my day to read this thread through. Thanks for letting me know about this :wave:

7. Absolutely. :) So many people are finding the Way.

8. Well Grasscity, those of you who have had your hearts touched by the words of those following the Tao such as Lao-tzu (Laozi) and Chuang-tzu (Zhuangzi) will perhaps be interested in the words of the third preeminent Taoist of ancient China, Lieh-tzu (Liezi).

That being said, here is an introduction from a translation of the Lieh-tzu by Eva Wong:

Check back soon for some passages from this translation of the Lieh-tzu.

9. this is good stuff dude, ty for taking the time to post it

10. Always. Life is so timely... and the perspective of luck the author of the introduction mentions is quite intriguing to me. I wonder where luck comes from? I guess from the same Origin as us.

11. ah luck. that familiar word we put on that intangible thing which brings us outcomes and coinciding/converging circumstances which seem fortuous to us.... where oh where does it come from.
    * Cos Mic walks away laughing *

12. It doesn't come from anywhere... sometimes things occur unexpectedly in our favor. This is just a function of a lot of things happening, and most of them deviating from their means in some small amount, others in larger amounts. Just because things happen, and coincidentally they sometimes favor us does not mean a larger force at work.

13. What does it mean to you then?

14. be it an accident, or the product of our (human) previous actions, or predestined to happen - we don't know. so we call it luck. i don't trust words, though. they dont always describe what is meant

15. Ho Yen's Treatise on Tao

16. #116 bkadoctaj, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
    Ho Yen's Treatise on the Nameless

17. We just make justifications with our minds.

18. Mind if I post a comment so this thread will be pushed up?

I read this thread once at least once a day... and sometimes it's not that easy to find...

Hope you guys are OK with it...

19. That's very inspiring. :) I shall get some more Taoism to you tonight...

20. Great!

May I make a 'request'? ^_^

Can you do a piece on 'Freedom and Equality' for human?

I've been thinking about 'freedom and equality' for humans lately after reading the below article, and I just can't string my thoughts together...

Article 1
    All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR)

But,

Are human free?
    Are human equal?

What does Tao say about that?