bkadoctaj's Daily Tao

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by bkadoctaj, Sep 16, 2008.

1. [​IMG]
    A student gains each day.
    A follower of the Way (Tao) loses something each day.
    Loss after loss until arriving at Non Action (Wu Wei).*
    -Lao Tzu

[​IMG]
    Once mature, a person prefers substance to appearance, fruit to flowers.

2. that picture is awesome, can anybody explain it? like the details? why is there a little moon, why is the person half red, why does one half have 2 hands, etc etc? all these things matter probably

3. Why not ask me to explain it, b/c im the thread polluter huh? :cry:

4. obviously:rolleyes:

im still curious, if you can explain it.
    and the south park pic had nothing to do with anything, i agree with bkadoctaj on that one, sorry

5. #85 bkadoctaj, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
    I believe he was asking you, buddy.

The worst thing on the boards I've ever experienced is 18 year-olds (or less) pasting in Google images as if they relate to their post.

6. Where have your daily tao's gone? :mad: :p

7. So, I'm curious, what's the point of the South Park picture?
    How does it relate to your message?

8. It has beauty, but not everyone sees it.

9. #89 bkadoctaj, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2009
    What's the beauty of it, might I inquire?

Next thing I know, you'll be suggesting that Ugly has Beauty.

And if you were to say that, I'd ask you, why do we have two different words?

Just to make my point very clear: was the Holocaust beautiful and I just missed it?

10. I could see it as a group expression of creativity, a balance and contrast of color and shape. At least it was produced by people taking artistic composure into mind.

I could ask you as well why we have two different words, because I do not know. It seems that it would be related to the ego, perhaps you can provide me some insight.

11. #91 bkadoctaj, Mar 15, 2009
    Take a look at the last sentence in the post you responded to.

Is the Holocaust supposed to be inside the box marked "Hidden Beauty"?

The reason we have two different words seems to me to be that there are two different intensions (no, not intentions, intensions).

12. I'm sure you can find hidden beauty within aspects of the Holocaust, not that it outweighs the negative aspects.

That seems like it does describe why we have two different words. So then, if one recognizes all levels of intensity as the same, are the words even needed? Are they needed to begin with?

13. Good question, and finally an actual philosophical discussion coming out of this.

But first, I disagree with your view of the Holocaust. Tell it to a survivor. It's one thing to hold a view of moral relativism, but it's another entirely to suggest that there was an element of beauty in the Holocaust. If humanity were to be eternally judged based on what conspired in the Holocaust, you and I both know it would be sentenced to eternal damnation.

As for your question about whether words are even necessary... who can know? The more important point is that words are existent. Deny this without words.

My personal outlook on that is just to accept the words that are clearly there. Certainly we can strive to improve their usefulness... by clarifying our usage of them. In the end, it comes down to whether we use words to approach the truth or to obscure it.

My preference is the former of the two.

14. I would never suggest for humanity to be judged based on what conspired in the Holocaust, nor would I ever describe it as beautiful. However, the strength that the suffering people showed in surviving the holocaust can be seen as beautiful. Perhaps a relationship or form of communication and family that developed between the suffering people can be seen as beautiful, not the suffering. Do you see what I'm trying to say? It's tough for me to try and illustrate my thought on this, it's probably not entirely clear...

Do you think one would benefit from taking a vow of silence? Still able to communicate, but through other forms of expression. Being your point rather than saying it. I don't know... haha, just thoughts.

15. I like your thoughts. :)

I do see what you're trying to say about the Holocaust, but I disagree that what you're describing is beauty. You're describing beauty coming from ugly. That I can agree with, but from a moral standpoint where we all consider how precious life is to us as humans, how can there be any beauty in the Holocaust itself, which refers to the process of human extermination used by Nazis?

Any higher being would shudder at what was done. As should any human being with a shred of humanity in him/her.

I could also argue that we will never know that 2 + 2 = 4. I could accuse the person I'm arguing with of lying, of fooling himself, of being mentally insane... I could basically say anything just to prove my point.

And that thought leads me to the second thought you were mentioning: that of not talking. Well, I believe a vow is personal and not imposed on others. Provided you recognize yourself to be a separable energy being (consciousness), how can you ever exert your desires externally without recoiling internally?

This is why we're in a thread about the Way (Harmony) and Virtue.

16. I agree there is no beauty in the Holocaust itself, referring to the process of human extermination used by Nazis.

Good thing this thread is here...

17. A lot of rationalization. I doubt that others would consider me so arrogant as you.

18. Don't even worry about it.

You'd like my friend scoobydooby67. All of Grasscity did too.

You and he think A LOT alike... as I'm sure most of the members on the boards who knew him would tell you.

If you want his AIM let me know. I'm serious... you'd get a kick out of this guy.

19. Woah.

I guess i just dont belong here

20. #100 bkadoctaj, Mar 15, 2009
    You're just going to hear that PMs are private correspondence.

Man, it's just that you need to have a little respect. I appreciate your depth of mind... but if you applied your energy more positively, there'd be no resistance to anything you have to offer.

I'd prefer you stay, and that we start being friends. It's up to you.