Bizarre Anti-Drug Ads

Discussion in 'General' started by CthulhuDawn, Oct 1, 2008.

1. haha I saw that commercial and right after it the corn pops comercial came on and its all trippy like acid

2. Bookmarked that page.

3. drugs make you angry and lazy and sleepy and violent?

I fucking can't stand this miserable, foolish, racist, propaganda. Who is it that thinks that DRUGS are really the problem when our lawmakers a running this country into the ground?

4. Hmmm weed does make you tired and angry at shit but only if you don't know that it does that to people... After the summer break i did get stressed alot easier but that happened the year before so i thought shit man it could be the weed just chill and i don't get tired or angry... all of that didn't make ne sense ^ so i'll try a diff example rofl my mate got agro at me because i said photoshop was better than corel photopaint and i was so close to dropping him because he started swearing over fucking software just like little things do make people angryier easyier because of alot of weed...

5. Haha just watched the LSD one wtf hahahaha, So LSD makes you change into a mong, a goth, a hippy, a punk, some twat in a top hat etc omg what aload of bull

6. no. people are angry. people get angry.

weed doesn't make you angry or lazy or a loser, you're angry and lazy and a loser. (not YOU, per se, YOU as in people)

7. Weed does make you fuck up though and it does give you schizophrenia, And don't say it doesn't because my brother ended up in the Northern General psychiatric ward and when i went to see him i was like "so I'll come see you again later on in the week, Yeah?" and he doubted my existence and was like "Yeah okay if your really here" which may sound funny but that ward isn't a nice place to visit... But then again he did smoke from 16 till like 32 everyday and did have his own hydro set up, He's fine now after taking some medication which he was reluctant to take at the start and i saw him in town he's fine. Weed is okay in moderation. Smoking indica makes you lazy as shit in summer break i was becoming more half arsed to go to town and meet my friends and preferred to bake and chill in bed, From my experience it also makes your "fuse" a lot shorter...

8. hahahah, "he said hed love me forever if i smoked crack with him"

9. [quote name='p3/\/n']Weed does make you fuck up though and it does give you schizophrenia,

I have to agree that yes it does give you schizophrenia. However i am in psycology in school and the report we read said the chances of getting a mild case is 1 in 50,000 among marijuana users. So in short, you have a better chance of winning the fucking lottery than developing a case of this shit. So stop spreading lies and if you dont like smoking then dont fucking do it!
    P.S. im only angry because I smoke weed
    Bullshit

10. Tight. See, I can understand where they're coming from, because to the general populous the reaction to that commercial is "Well its nice to see a positive influence on this damn network" etc....

But to us 4%, us true smokers, we just watch that and jam out to the Linkin Park. Hell yes.

11. I also do physcology at 6th form but we haven't done anything about weed however heres a quote from the BBC website which is like your FOX but without all the lying and hype over nothing... A link for "mild case is 1 in 50,000 among marijuana users" would be apperciated to prove it's a valid statement...

"scientists found that marijuana worsens psychotic symptoms of schizophrenics.

Doctors at Yale University in the U.S. tested the impact of THC on 150 healthy volunteers and 13 people with stable schizophrenia. Nearly half of the healthy subjects experienced psychotic symptoms when given the drug.

12. what were these psychotic symptoms? laughing at things? zoning out? If half of weed smokers had psychotic symptoms the US would be an a whole lot of trouble by now.

13. They said drugs would make me cool, they were.... right! I'm bad ass now.

14. I LOVE THAT COMMERCIAL. :smoking::D:smoking::D

here it is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vxyEM42kCM

15. Foundation for a Drug-Free World is a front organization run by Scientology.

16. By psychotic symptoms they mean a person affected by psychosis therefore a loss in contact with reality, Not tripping balls like i do a lot lol or eat a lot of shit. After the high has worn off they are left with a different state of their mind... Like if you read in the post above about my brother he had those symptoms whereas he was unsure if i was real...

17. I also did psychology at 6th form..dosent mean anything? Back to the quote, those symptoms = being insanely stoned!

Id go as far as agreeing heavy smoking can perhaps encourage any underlying mental illness, not a cause. Fact of the matter is that website is just the biggest pile of lies since 3rd Reich

18. wow those commercials/ads are ridiculous. i only looked at a few of them. my favorite one so far is "he said he'd love me forever if i smoked crack with him."

i'm gunna call BS on those videos.

19. i am surprised those ads didnt mention anything about the kid who smoked weed regularly, experimented with hallucinogens, prescription pills and drank underage but still got good grades and lived on to be successful in life. the fact of the matter is, while the scenarios presented in these videos certainly are possible, it is not likley that taking one hit off a joint, or even smoking weed every day will lead you to sticking up a convience store for meth money or breaking into cars. chances are you will smoke some weed, dabble in a little bit of other shit, and not devote your entire existence to getting high.